Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IE3 rear springs and HR Sports in front - bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I'm still relatively new to learning how suspension works and was wondering if I could install ie3 springs in my rear and hr sports in my front. I want my car to be lowered and for my suspension to be stiffer. I know these are both pretty popular springs for e30s, do the spring rates work together? I have an 85 325e that's all stock. Thanks a lot you guys!

IE3 springs are very similar to H&R Race springs in terms of spring rate. They're 315lb up front and 570lb or so in the rear.

The H&R Sport springs are only 180lb up front, so you'd have mismatched handling where the front is too soft or the rear is too stiff. The other issue would be the ride height, where the rear end would be dropped at least 1.5-2 inches, while the front end is only lowered 1.25 inches with the Sport springs.

The best thing to do is try and find the matching rear springs, or buy a complete set of springs, that way everything works as it should. Hopefully this points you in the right direction.

-Joey

Comment

^ definitely. the rates are so far different your handling would be pretty wonky. It's better to save up for a little longer and do it right the first time thru so it doesn't cost more time and money in the long run

Comment

Get the full ie3 set you will love it

Edit: if you are local to I.E. Try to contact them and see if they will only sell you back springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by staysideways; 12-02-2016, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X