Issues....................F*&$ #&$^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues....................F*&$ #&$^

Ok, I am changing my stock worn out CAB's. While removing my old ones a bolt decided to shear in half right where the bolt goes into inside the frame. So, how do I get it out? I have tried drilling it out and using an extractor but I don't want to screw up the threads on the nut in there.
    Suggestions?
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Since it sheared right where it enters the frame, try to do the following: Weld a nut onto the remains of the bolt and try to turn it out. That's one of the few ways you can do it without fucking up your threads.
    87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

i would, but where the threads start is up in the fram and i can't get to that part.
      My 2.9L Build!

There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

anybody else got some input?
        My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Can you drill a small hole in the threaded part of the bolt then screw in a reverse threaded screw? Might work.
          Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

See post #9, that's what I did for a sheared front subframe bolt...

-Brandon
            '86 325es S50
            '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
            '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
            '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
            S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Working...
            X