Bimmerworld coilover systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bimmerworld coilover systems

Bimmerworld has VERY deep roots in racing and I was looking at their system for a light street/heavy auto-x build car.

I would probably couple them with Koni SA's(yellows)

Here is the link:

They are the 6th item down called "Coilover Converison Spring Kits"

They allow for full height adjustability and you can choose your own spring rates.

So the real question is, does anyone have experience with these? Quality? Etc......
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

?? no one?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

? umm...those are just GC's man
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
        ? umm...those are just GC's man
        So are they good? Bad?

I am a e36 guy so I dont know e30's or their parts and I am planning a build. I plan/ask ass loads of questions before I spend money. It is how I work :drink:

Comment

pretty much anyone here that has coilovers uses GC'c, yes they are good ;)
          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I was satisfied with the quality of the coil overs I got from ground control. Everything seemed well produced ect. If you order from them be sure to remembre to ask for the "D rings", and the Koni gland nuts. Also be aware that a lot of the RSMs need to be modified to work with the Konis. Ground Control ones do not as well as a few others.

Ground Control Suspension Systems is your stop for high quality American Made Performance Suspension for your BMW, Honda, Acura, Mustang, Camaro, Mustang, ETC!

Some install pictures:

-Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

:bow:

Thanks alot guys

Comment

why does your GC have progressive rate springs in the back??

my kit has linear springs all around...
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I dont think they are progressive, I think the smaller coils are just to rest on the adjuster. The others are all the same. I think the pic also make them look a lot more dis-proportioned than they really are. Ill compare with a friends kit and see if there is any difference.
                  -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Those rear springs are weird. What is the rate/length?

Variance in the coiling diameter doesn't necessarily mean that the spring is progressive. Variance is coil spacing, however, is usually a sure sign that they are prog.
                    87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

hey just copped the GC setup......And i need that pic......THanks

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

That rear spring is an E30 specific unit. It's a 5.5 inch 475 pound linear rate. The coils are like that so you can run a low rate with out coilbind. It works really well with a 350 front spring.

Comment

You could also try the Tein kit bimmerworld offers. I was talking to James from Bimmerworld last weekend at VIR and he said they were having trouble dealing with GC now and that he would reccomend the Tein kit over GC.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                          X