Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopeful View Post

FRONTS
    Thanks for the quick response, I have found some conflicting information with KONI p/n on this forum regarding the 8641-1210 sport fitting the front however with what you've said here and the fact that the B8's are the same P/N for my '88 325i and a '88M3 I'm going to go with this route.

REARS
    Here's the new confusion borne of this, on the Koni catalogue, it lists 80 2522Sport for my '88 325i, 80 2522SP1 for an M3 and for Powling the 318iS 80 2641Sport? which is better? I see they are all remove from car to adjust but there must be differences amongst them?
    hopeful that I am not too sure of when it comes to the rears. I know for sure I went with 2641 on mine and haven't had any issues with them at all. Could it be possible the 2522SP1 and 2252Sport account for the different rear weight on the earlier model 88's and the M3's compared to the later model 318is?
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by noahsense View Post
      Whick Koni SA part #s

I asked Koni about the differences between the part numbers a few months ago and this was their response. Needless to say, Koni kills it with product support.

"1. Basically, yes. The listing is carried over from our European catalog the differences between all of the shocks and inserts listed are fairly minimal.

8641 1021SPORT vs. 8641 1210SPORT

The main differences between these is that the 1210 is 20mm shorter in max length (min length is the same). The 1210 is also slightly firmer in compression versus the 1021 but the difference isn’t enough to where I would recommend/not recommend one over the other.

80 2522SP1 versus 80 2641SPORT versus 80 2522SPORT (bonus!)
      The 2522SP1 is 10mm shorter in max length versus the 2641SPORT. The 2522SPORT is 40mm LONGER than the 2522SP1. The min lengths are all identical between the three of them. The valving between the two 2522s are identical and both are slightly firmer in rebound than the 2641SPORT. Compression is the same.

2. The listing we have for the E30 M3 is the 8641-1210SPORT and 80 2522SP1. Given that you’re planning on running those springs, it will be fine for the setup that you’re looking at. However, does the M3 spring make the front sit a little lower in the 325is due to the heavier engine? In either case, please make sure that you run a factory bumpstop on the front struts. Thanks."

I found the above in the another post, this Koni stuff is beyond confusing. (https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...koni-sa-part-s)

However, in ANOTHER thread i found the actual compression/rebound ratings and they are 950 vs. 900, nothing to really lose sleep over. I think in my case, a regular lowered e30 I'll opt for the M3 shocks solely for the possibility of not damaging the shock internally if I happen to bottom it out? This is just speculation at this point.

Comment

Working...
      X