mounting location for m3 endlink tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mounting location for m3 endlink tabs

hey guys, i was wondering if any1 knew the position for the m3 endlink tabs when welding them onto a non-m e30? maybe if some has a good pic of the m3 strut out of the car? thanks for any help.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Positioning doesn't have to be perfect, especially if you use adjustable end-links (i.e. IE, or GC), however I prefer to have them about 0.75" to 1.0" below the perch. You do want to make the measurement the same on each side though to eliminate any unwanted preload.
    - Jason

Comment

height isnt important, the locatoin/position on the strut tube is. i have adj endlinks, so height can be a lil off.

Comment

If you want me to weld yours up this coming week I should be able to. Want me to swing by and pick up the struts?
        - Jason

Comment

My factory strut housings measure 12 5/8" from the end where the bolts hold the endplate on to the center of the hole. I just went and double checked. If you need any pics LMK, mine won't be back on the car for a couple days. Also, factory is a wimpy 1/8" piece, mine are now 1/4" thick and the factory welds are all backwelded in addition to new metal laid down.

-B

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

That's mine when I had my old setup. Be sure to paint the housings after the welding, I wish I did. Hopefully the picture is of some help

Comment

cool, i think i have a good idea now. thanks.

J, imma be getting my struts chopped and welded up saturday morning, hit me up if you wanna come up to the city.

Comment

Working...
              X