Anyone try these coil-over sleeves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone try these coil-over sleeves?

I've bought these cheapie coil-over kits before for like $30 shipped on my rice burners and have been satisfied, might give these a shot, anyone try them?

I e-mailed them and they said they fit e30s with minor modifications.

I bought a set for the E36 and turned the rears on a lathe to fit the E30 trailing arms. Put the fronts on the stock spring perch - did not cut it off. Nice drop - about 1.5"-2". Put 350 on front and 450 on rear. Ran them for a year with no problems. They're still on an E36 two years later. Wouldn't call the rear modification minor w/o a lathe.

Comment

I have a really hard time trusting a 89 dollar coil over kit...

Comment

It's always that haven't tried it that bash it. :P

I assume the centers needed bored out or something to fit the rear? Wouldn't a drill press suffice?

Comment

Correct.

Originally posted by O 16581 72452 5 View Post
          It's always that haven't tried it that bash it. :P

I assume the centers needed bored out or something to fit the rear? Wouldn't a drill press suffice?
          Yes on the process and also the drill press. Just more work.

Comment

People with brains don't use those cheap kits. Do you even have any idea what the spring rates are?
            That's a lot of sex lube you could buy with that money ya know.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
              People with brains don't use those cheap kits. Do you even have any idea what the spring rates are?
              That's a lot of sex lube you could buy with that money ya know.
              Yeah, read the description, 450 front 350 rear.

There's nothing wrong with cheap coil-overs, i've yet to see an issue ever with them, however, i have seen problems with expensive full coil-over kits like the Omni ones snapping in half.

What'd you have to bore those centers to? I've a buddy that works at a machine shop that can probably do it for next to nothing.

Comment

Yeah, read the description, 450 front 350 rear.

There's nothing wrong with cheap coil-overs, i've yet to see an issue ever with them, however, i have seen problems with expensive full coil-over kits like the Omni ones snapping in half.

What'd you have to bore those centers to? I've a buddy that works at a machine shop that can probably do it for next to nothing.
                And exactly how many people use these POS on the track??
                And Omni's are expensive??....lol. No you're just really cheap.
                Good luck with the stock shock controling those springs.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

450F/350R? thats the opposite of what you would want on an e30. most common now is more like a 450F/650R...
                  IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I prefer a softer tail and stiffer front.

I don't have stock shocks either.

Comment

You preffer it because it's cheap....Yeah I'm sure you have those baller KYB AGX's right.

Do what you want, but you won't be seeing those on any car that's serious about performance.

Comment

You preffer it because it's cheap
                        You 'tard, the springs from the front can swap to the rear.

Yeah, the cheap part is nice and it'll handle wayyyyyy better than stock.

Comment

You 'tard, the springs from the front can swap to the rear.

Yeah, the cheap part is nice and it'll handle wayyyyyy better than stock.
                          What does the springs swapping front to rear have anything to do with what I said?? Tard...you know jack shit about suspensions or you wouldn't even consider these pieces of shit.

Their "wayyyyyyy better" because they are stiffer right.
                          What shock are you pairing these up with?

Comment

What does the springs swapping front to rear have anything to do with what I said?? Tard...you know jack shit about suspensions or you wouldn't even consider these pieces of shit.

Their "wayyyyyyy better" because they are stiffer right.
                            What shock are you pairing these up with?
                            Because it sounded like you were correcting what i prefered in a suspension set-up. The shocks are nothing special, just Gabriel Gas Pro, but they're doing the job with cut springs currently with very little bounce unless i hit a large bump.

And yup, wayyy better because they are stiffer and lower, if you don't believe me, cut your springs and take it out, huge difference. I'm sure i'll get flamed for that comment, but search and read, cutting springs isn't much different than buying lowering springs, makes the springs have similar rates and you can cut them to the same height as lowering springs.

you're too stuck on brands names and quaility = high prices. Believe me, i've ran brand names and i've ran the cheap chinese "crap", i'm more satisfied with the cheap shit because it does the same job for hundreds of dollars less. How about those expensive Greddy BOVs? $200, diaphragm ripped and numberous complaints of it, replacement diaphragm $80, brand new knock off, $60. ;)

I've researched suspensions quite a bit actually, that's why i have no problem buying a product like that. Tell me the difference between those and another company's adjustable springs.

Comment

Well I have those $100 knock off coil overs on my car, but basically the only thing I'm using from them is the springs, and the rear threaded sleeve. I had to do a LOT of modifications to make them fit and ended up buying new front sleeves similar to what Ireland sells for the fronts and new rear spring seats for the rear. I've had them on the car for over a year, and the car has seen track duty the springs do great for an e30 if the rest of the car is setup correctly(mine stays flat)

That picture was taken mid way threw turn 1 at Road Atlanta
                              85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Working...
                              X