M-Tech II Steering Wheel: Let Me Ask You About It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M-Tech II Steering Wheel: Let Me Ask You About It

So as some of you may know I am currently in Germany for this semester of school. This means that I have the opportunity to buy some cool parts for cheaper than I could in the US, and also save on shipping at the same time.

I would like to know if anything special needs to be done in order to fit an M-Tech II steering wheel on an e30. Can an M-Tech II wheel simply be installed, or is a hub or any other special parts required?

I searched and in other posts someone has mentioned a "slip-ring" that is needed so that the horn functions.

Thanks!

Nothing needed to fit one on your car.

Comment

you need some washers if you have an airbag car, you dont.
      Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
      Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

ahhh but you need to be sure you buy the e30 one b/c they did make an e36 one did they not?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I don't know about the E36.. but the E34 one fits just fine.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The e36 ones have different splines IICRC and the e34
            is the large diameter mtech2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
              you need some washers if you have an airbag car, you dont.
              I just bought a MTech II to replace an airbag wheel. Where do the washers go and what do they do?
              sigpic
              1990 Schwarz 325i coupe

Comment

they go btw the nut and the wheel
                if you dont use them your steering wheel will be able to slide front to back some
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

are there any coooooooolll parts in germany that you couldnt find in the US!:!?...if so.. you have a pm
                  Operation S/C E39M5.:woowoo:

Comment

Umm... yes and no. Shipping back to America is very expensive (unless you can find someone that is on an Army base here in Germany), but there are some parts here that are easier to come by.

I mostly do all my buying on ebay.de. Instead of shipping I will take the parts on the plane with me back to America.

Comment

Working...
                    X