Comment

how's it ride? too soft or ok?
      Chris

The Hunt: Part IV is over.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kristuphir View Post
        how's it ride? too soft or ok?
        soft, but a good ride for a cabrio. i would not want it any stiffer on this car w/ the amount of rattles these cars have. leave the stiff springs for cars w/ solid roofs.

Comment

Is that a 318ic? I have the same thing on my 325ic, but I'm looking for something for my 318ic.

Originally posted by e304lyfe View Post
          cabrio specific eibach pro kit w/ bilstein sports:

89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
          E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
            Is that a 318ic? I have the same thing on my 325ic, but I'm looking for something for my 318ic.
            It is a 325.

Comment

FYI, those guys make springs too:
              Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.

I just got a set off ebay for $90 shipped, brand new. A store close out stock that a guy bought and was getting rid off.
              Part number for the cabbie is 15-024.
              They are a 1.6 front drop and 1.2 rear drop. Rear holds real good but it is a stiff ride (well, I have OEM struts and shocks on it still )

I have seen a few sets for sale on Ebay, new and used, I guess you have to look every once in a while.

Anybody has struts and shocks for sale? what do you advise to install on a cabbie?
              344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

suspen goes on today, ill take befor and after pics :up:
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by naika View Post
                  FYI, those guys make springs too:
                  Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.

I just got a set off ebay for $90 shipped, brand new. A store close out stock that a guy bought and was getting rid off.
                  Part number for the cabbie is 15-024.
                  They are a 1.6 front drop and 1.2 rear drop. Rear holds real good but it is a stiff ride (well, I have OEM struts and shocks on it still )

I have seen a few sets for sale on Ebay, new and used, I guess you have to look every once in a while.

Anybody has struts and shocks for sale? what do you advise to install on a cabbie?
                  here is the link to a couple pics, just put a new top on this weekend also.
                  No before pics, sorry
                  Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Sorry but today wasn't the best day to take pics (with my cell phone)
                  344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

here is the link to a couple pics, just put a new top on this weekend also.
                    No before pics, sorry
                    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Sorry but today wasn't the best day to take pics (with my cell phone)
                    cost of top?

Looks good!

Comment

cost of top?

Looks good!
                      Top was $300 on Ebay plus new tension straps $120 plus new cables $40.
                      Then the 3M 08090 contact adhesive and 08008 weatherstrip adhesive cost about $25 all together.
                      The rest was a load of patience but it really was a pain to put on
                      344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

Top was $300 on Ebay plus new tension straps $120 plus new cables $40.
                        Then the 3M 08090 contact adhesive and 08008 weatherstrip adhesive cost about $25 all together.
                        The rest was a load of patience but it really was a pain to put on
                        OT, but what the heck...

What's the role of the cables and the straps?

Comment

OT, but what the heck...

What's the role of the cables and the straps?
                          Straps attach to the bows that run across your frame, it has some elastic type of action and dries out and becomes useless overtime, I would definately replace if you are not sure. I ordered mine afterwards as I thought I didn't need it and it wasn't worth the $120 savings.
                          Cables, I am not sure what they do but I think they bring tension to the top when it is up. If they are not showing any wear, you don't need to replace. They are only $40 though.
                          344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 87Blue325iC View Post
                            Billy sports + H&R coupe fronts + H&R Cabrio rears
                            hey wassup, i was thinking of this setup aswell on my cabrio... how's the ride?

Comment

Working...
                            X