318ic convertible suspension upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318ic convertible suspension upgrade?

Who makes struts/shocks and springs that will work on this car (It's a 91)? I've looked at a lot of places and they all do not make parts specific for this car.

Realoem says:
    The FRONT springs are different than a late 325ic
    The REAR springs are the same
    The FRONT struts are the same
    The REAR shocks are the same

So is it safe to assume I can use struts/shocks from a 325is, but not the springs?

So which springs will work?

I'm not looking for something that's slammed, just something will a little drop like my Eibach Prokit on my 87 325ic.
    Last edited by bmwpower; 08-01-2007, 09:06 AM. Reason: i cant type
    89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
    E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

I don't have any first hand experience with convertible suspensions but if the front struts are the same I don't see why the springs wouldn't fit unless they just have a different part number on realoem.com because they have a different spring rate because of different vehicle weights. Just a guess but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Try searching a little.

edit: Did it for you..

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ble+suspension
    The grilles really distract you from the fact that someone took a sledgehammer to the front end.

Comment

The suspensions are very similar if not the same. I had Bilstein Touring shocks & M3 springs that worked very well together on my 325ic.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I can only assume the FACTORY front springs are different since the vehicle weights are different in the front due to the engine.

I should probably just go with what I have on my 325ic since I like the combo.

I've got the Bilstein Sports and Eibach Prokit on the 325ic.
        89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
        E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Working...
        X