X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nando
    replied
    Originally posted by iamsam View Post
    Huh, so did you pay $350 for the labor on shocks you already owned, or $350 total for brand new Bilstiens, built to your spec? I would guess the former, but I sure hope it's the latter.
    maybe you missed the point of custom built shocks? they were used shocks that I paid $100 for and had sent directly to Bilstein to be built to my specs (including shortening the housings, bump stops, and rods).

I'm also wondering where you think you can get brand new front/rear Bilsteins custom built for $350. :p

anyway, their labor rates jumped to almost double what they were a few months after mine were done, so it's not as good of a deal now. :(

Leave a comment:

• Beau B
    replied
    Does anyone know if the contact information is still current?

Leave a comment:

• iamsam
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    Who did you talk to? I just paid $350 for a set of 4 valved to my specs, and had the fronts shortened 2" as well.

Labor was $65 / hr.

Equivalent konis would have been over $600 for just the fronts.
    Huh, so did you pay $350 for the labor on shocks you already owned, or $350 total for brand new Bilstiens, built to your spec? I would guess the former, but I sure hope it's the latter.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    Who did you talk to? I just paid $350 for a set of 4 valved to my specs, and had the fronts shortened 2" as well.

Labor was $65 / hr.

Equivalent konis would have been over $600 for just the fronts.
    Last edited by nando; 08-04-2012, 09:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• yeaseth
    replied
    Bilstien quoted me 125 a shock, and that was with the stock revalving :( So I ended up just getting a whole GC setup which is way more but worth it!

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by robspeed325i View Post
    Bilstein will also rebuild and revalve any shock to any spec. I think rebuild is $60 per and respec is a few more $$ since all they do is change valve body during the rebuild.
    you just saved me about $600 bucks. thank you

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    yeah, definitely not. that's the same cost as new ones.

Leave a comment:

• einstein57
    replied
    Inflation sucks. They quoted me $165 per strut plus parts up to an additional $100 per strut. $330-530 ain't worth it.

Leave a comment:

• M-technik-3
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexis Jung View Post
    Did I miss something? Don't ALL KONIS shocks come with a lifetime warranty? Why did you have to pay?
    Because he had it re-valved not a simple exchange for an off the shelf unit.

Leave a comment:

• BMWManiac
    replied
    Did I miss something? Don't ALL KONIS shocks come with a lifetime warranty? Why did you have to pay?

Leave a comment:

• bear
    replied
    speedthane shock bumpers, dooooood! used em alot in my rockcrawler days

Leave a comment:

• drumad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mucci View Post
    Anyone have the part# for those bump stops? Are they stock? My car never had them.
    Originally posted by Mucci View Post
    I asked if they were stock DUDE.
    so is this not a question? and no, not stock iirc. so my realoem.com response is not valid either.

edit..the more I stare I keep thinking theyre front ones turned upside down but they're a different shape.

Leave a comment:

• Jean
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike B. View Post
    I just run stock E30M3 sways, that can be disconnected depending on the track. I am a proponant of less bar and more spring to help with lifting the inside rear tire.

I don't think 1000lbs is too high as my lap times indicate the opposite. Heck, the Grp. N factory dry setup is 1142lbs front and 1368 rear and I've also seen an 800/1143 Grp. N setup as well.

Fred - Keep in mind that shock valving has a HUGE effect on ride quality and harshness, much more so than spring rates.

Teaguer - These were installed on the car when I purchased it last February, and I had no original documentation for the shocks. I think they may have been 2-3 years old. I don't think you will have any issue with what you have to be rebuilt. My contact was:

Paul McLaughlin
    Koni Shock Absorbers
    ITT Corporation
    Racing Technical Sales Rep.
    1961A International Way
    Hebron, Ky. 41048
    800-922-2616x324

Stereo - The shocks were fully rebuilt (along with the revalve) as one was leaking oil like a sieve.
    Saved for later calling.

Leave a comment:

• Moto-Mucci
    replied
    Originally posted by drumad View Post
    realoem.com? come on dude.
    I asked if they were stock DUDE.

Leave a comment:

• drumad
    replied
    realoem.com? come on dude.

Leave a comment: