Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rs4pro3
    Yep exactly
    It was perfect handeling with the 21mm cabrio bar alone. Now with the m3 endlinks the front stays perfectly flat but the rear body roll is noticable.
    Whoa, the front stays perfectly flat but the rear body roll is noticable? So is your car's body twisting in the middle? I don't get it....

FWIW almost all the body roll on an E30 happens at the front with the rear going along for the ride. Going to a larger rear bar merely takes weight off the inside rear tire and has little effect on overall body roll.
    Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
    1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
    1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
    1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
    2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
    2005 X3 (little woman's car)
    Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
    Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Originally posted by randywalters
      Originally posted by rs4pro3
      Yep exactly
      It was perfect handeling with the 21mm cabrio bar alone. Now with the m3 endlinks the front stays perfectly flat but the rear body roll is noticable.
      Whoa, the front stays perfectly flat but the rear body roll is noticable? So is your car's body twisting in the middle? I don't get it....

FWIW almost all the body roll on an E30 happens at the front with the rear going along for the ride. Going to a larger rear bar merely takes weight off the inside rear tire and has little effect on overall body roll.
      Randy, my car has a similar feel as Ely describes. I run ST bars (22/19) with M3 front links, and I feel like the rearend doesn't follow through. The front feels great on the limit, but the rear seems to roll more, perhaps body twist? My car has roughly 240k on the clock and has had bodywork in many places, and stress cracks have been noticed in the chassis. Do you think this could contribute to my cars feel, having been wrecked--maybe twisting??

I'd appreciate any input,
      Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X