No announcement yet.

Air-Ride suspension: anyone done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering about this too, the other day.

The e30 pickup has bags in the rear, iirc its cheap and easy to do in the read, but not the front..

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
      I was wondering about this too, the other day.

The e30 pickup has bags in the rear, iirc its cheap and easy to do in the read, but not the front..
      Depends, if you just run schrader valve and fill it up w/ an external compressor when you get home yeah its cheap, otherwise, if you get an onboard compressor and valves and such, you start getting into big money. And the bags to begin w/ are 80 each or so, depending on what ones you run. For the back on a setup that's adjustable on each corner, that's 4 valves, at 30 or so each, plus lines, which are dirt cheap, but still more money, a compressor those start at 120 or so for a cheap viair 325 or so, not a fast one, but works, and 30 or so for a tank to hold the air. It adds up quick, or you can run a schrader valves w/ lines and bags, but you can't adjust on the road, or when you get anywhere, its essentially a spring while it sits there.

Comment

Originally posted by 318isbmw View Post
        Thank you Jason:D I was gonna call my buddy who's a member and ask him to post for me haha.
        Posted :). Now i hope he does come over.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

This kits not a bad price

Find the right air suspension, tow kit, and custom vehicle part. Browse thousands of American-made products, or contact our Arizona-based sales team for the perfect fit for your ride. We have over two decades of customizing air bag suspension kits for every make and model. Chat or call our US-based team today.
          84 318I Delphin RIP
          87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
            Honestly, at all costs, don't trust that company. They've got about 10 names for the company, and on any minitruck forum they will all tell you its horrible. Honestly, I've been ripped off for about 300 from them, and I know people who have had alot worse. Also, recent news is that they are threatening to sue multiple minitruck forums (streetsourcemag and s10forums) for defamation because no one has anything good to say about the companies that they run under. So that's the kind of people that the company is run by.

And the design they use for the strut bag is a copy of the air ride technologies kit. And how on earth could the same kit work on an e30 as on an e36, we have a different front lug pattern as well as strut setup with the way they mount. Not attacking you at all, glad you posted because I don't want anyone else to get ripped off like I did by them for car parts. And the parts I got ripped off were back about 6 years ago I ordered a set of drop spindles, called them up when some disc spindles showed up for a 66 chevy truck which is drum and after many arguments with them, over 3 calls they told us to know what kind of truck we have and we don't know and disc parts are direct bolt up to the drum brakes and hung up on us. Filed w/ the better business Bureau and never did hear anything from them about it.
            Last edited by 318isbmw; 11-29-2008, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
              Jason you saved my thread with awesomeness. Now I'm trying to figure out just how much I'll need for everything...my pipedream continues!
              Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                Jason you saved my thread with awesomeness. Now I'm trying to figure out just how much I'll need for everything...my pipedream continues!
                Don't follow exactly what they did. Their valves and such are top of the line setup, you could do it a lot cheaper with normal valves, from gc or parker, or SMC rather than using the accuair and fab lab setup. Just use gauges, its what most people do, as the fablab and accuair are expensive as hell last time I saw. Just thought I'd letcha know bout that, maybe help your pipe dream become closer to a reality.

Comment

Go with air cylinders, not bags.
                  ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

Originally posted by E30Idea View Post
                    Go with air cylinders, not bags.
                    Why? So you can 3 wheel? Other than that there are no benefits, size is about the same, but bags are more comfortable. Biggest reason for running cylinders is to 3 wheel, which I doubt any e30 guys will be doing. Also cylinders leak because they have to have something to seal from the metal to metal contact inside, whereas you don't have any of those issues with airbags because they are just a bag that compresses and extends rather than a shock type of a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post

Wow, its nice to see that you guys like our most recent shop project. We were wondering how the BMW guys were going to like it once we finished it, its the first BMW we have worked on.

Is there any questions that I can clear up for anyone?

Comment

Hi guys, its my E30 on air,

if I dont sell any of you a thing DONT BUY FROM AIRBAGGIT, CHASSISTECH, AIM INDUSTRIES ETC.... BAD NEWS BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. They have a kit for every car, wonder why?

We can sell this kit shipped for 2500.00 with the Asco manifold & no Fab-Lab ride height controller. We would need the struts off your car to modify them.

Any questions give mne a call
                        Thanks Ronnie

877-698-3115
                        http://www.lowriderdepot.com

http://www.custom-auto.net

Comment

Cylinders bolt in..... you need to make a custom perch for bags, cutting old material and adding new. Ease of use.
                          ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

Wow, That is very cool news to hear...

Comment

How do they bolt in? You have to remove the cartridge in the strut & cut down the tube etc.... Then some welding & grinding. Cylinders dont work as well not enough volume as bags.

Thanks

Originally posted by E30Idea View Post
                              Cylinders bolt in..... you need to make a custom perch for bags, cutting old material and adding new. Ease of use.
                              http://www.lowriderdepot.com

http://www.custom-auto.net

Comment

I have always liked bags over cylinders, My buddy has a bagged Excursion, Thing is bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X