Bilstein BTS Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilstein BTS Kit

Has anyone heard about thing about the Bilstein BTS kit?. If I dont buy this I'll save up for the H&R coils... Just though I'd see if anyone has heard anything good or bad since I can get the kit for $700CDN.

Thanks
    -Jordan

Bump for really old thread??

Has anyone had any experience with these or know anything about them? Thanks.
    '91 E30 M42 DIAMANTSCHWARZ

Comment

I once called Bilstein and they told me the BTS kit uses off the shelf H&R Sport springs, repainted with Bilstein colors. That's all that I know...

Comment

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I just spoke w/ Bilstein because I was interested in this kit as well. FWIW, this is what they communicated to me:

Part # BTS 7511

Springs are manufactured for Bilstein by Hyperco.

front spring specs:
        40 mm (1.57") drop
        126# - 153# progressive rate

rear spring specs:
        30 mm (1.18") drop
        360# linear rate

The shocks included in the kit are the Bilstein Sports.

Hope that helps anybody who might be looking.

Comment

Those spring rates sound soft at best. A good set up for someone who want to lower their car for appearance purposes....and perhaps a marginal handling improvement. Larger sway bars would be a good idea.

Jon
          Rides...
          1991 325i - sold :(
          2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Weird, I was searching multiple forums last night trying to find that info, and even read this thread prior to your post.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Yeah I didnt buy the kit I opted for FK fully adjustable coilsovers 8)

Comment

Working...
              X