Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M3 Coilover on non M sedan

Hi guys,

As the title suggest, I'm thinking of buying a set of full Ground Control Coilover kit (complete with front hubs, not just the cartridge) from my mate. The kit was used in his 87 E30 M3. Will it bolt straight on to my E30 sedan?

Thanks

If you have the M3 5-lug front strut housing with hubs, you'll also need the lower tie rod plates (unless included with your the M3 struts already), and the M3 front brake components which are not shared with the 4-lug e30. From there the M3 parts will bolt up to your car. For rear end, the coilover kit will work on the existing trailing arms, but the car will still have to be converted to 5 lug as well (different hubs, brakes, etc). The M3 also uses a different brake master cylinder than a regular e30.

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
      If you have the M3 5-lug front strut housing with hubs, you'll also need the lower tie rod plates (unless included with your the M3 struts already), and the M3 front brake components which are not shared with the 4-lug e30. From there the M3 parts will bolt up to your car. For rear end, the coilover kit will work on the existing trailing arms, but the car will still have to be converted to 5 lug as well (different hubs, brakes, etc). The M3 also uses a different brake master cylinder than a regular e30.
      Oh wow that's a lot of work. Unfortunately it is hard to find E30 M3 parts here in Indonesia.

Thanks for that

Comment

This is the coilover I was referring to. As seen in the pic, the fronts seem to come in the housing. So I might take the cartridge out and install it in my sedan if possible
        Attached Files

Comment

These M3 front struts are missing the most important part: the entire knuckle and tie rod plate assembly. However, if the front strut cartridges are intact, you can remove them from the housings which are now useless, and install them into your strut housings, assuming you have the late model 51mm housings. These will not work in early model 45mm housings.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
            These M3 front struts are missing the most important part: the entire knuckle and tie rod plate assembly. However, if the front strut cartridges are intact, you can remove them from the housings which are now useless, and install them into your strut housings, assuming you have the late model 51mm housings. These will not work in early model 45mm housings.
            I'll try it then.
            My car is 1990 facelifted model. So should have the newer shocks

Comment

Working...
            X