Thicker Spring Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thicker Spring Pads

Would anyone know where I can get some thicker spring pads? My springs made the car lower than I thought they would (should have bought the OE sport HRs) and I have about 4.25in of clearance between the pan and the road. Already cracked this pan so trying to avoid doing it again in the future. Would anyone know where I can get some thicker pads?.

I bought the 9mm upper and 3mm lower for the front strut assembly (accidentally also bought 4 lowers thinking they're for the rear lower) but if anybody could tell me where I can get thicker ones of the top and bottom front strut spring pads, that would help.

You won't be able to adjust height enough with pads if you are already hitting stuff with that amount of clearance, and you'd need to remove the springs to install them correctly in any case. Buy new springs or get a skid plate.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      You won't be able to adjust height enough with pads if you are already hitting stuff with that amount of clearance, and you'd need to remove the springs to install them correctly in any case. Buy new springs or get a skid plate.
      I just bought these spring so what i might have to do is see if ECS will maybe send them back for a bit of a fee and get the OEs but what I will do is get the other side done, get it all on the ground and aligned and then if it is still bad, a skid plate may be the answer.

Comment

You can probably add reinforcement plates for strut mounts.
        They will add 3 mm.
        https://www.garagistic.com/products/...te-31312489795

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          also when I got the car on the ground with both sides done. It actually looked good. I have about 5 inches of clearance from the ground to the pan. Very happy with how it turned out. Kinda happy I didn’t get the sport OEs now just because I think they’d look too high.

Comment

You can get these 10mm ones:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...31#31331135589

I think that is the thickest ones though.

Comment

Working...
            X