Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Wheel Size

Morning Chaps and Chapettes.

I currently have a MTech 385mm steering wheel in my E30.. Still has standard steering rack so like 400 turns end to end..
    I have been looking at a smaller steering wheel, 360mm.. but now I think about it, i'm wondering if that would be a little too small with the E30 rack.

Thoughts?

Also, consider that some smaller wheels can obstruct the instruments.

Comment

i've run 350, 360, 365, and 370mm with no power steering stock rack, all were fine. 350 is where i draw the line with no power steering, it's just a bit small and find myself wrestling with the wheel. if you have power steering I wouldn't worry at all. in regards to visibility, there are too many variables like your height, where you put the seat, which seats, how far back you sit, etc.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
        i've run 350, 360, 365, and 370mm with no power steering stock rack, all were fine. 350 is where i draw the line with no power steering, it's just a bit small and find myself wrestling with the wheel. if you have power steering I wouldn't worry at all. in regards to visibility, there are too many variables like your height, where you put the seat, which seats, how far back you sit, etc.
        Sweet thanks,
        Still has power steering so that should be fine.. guess maybe i'll just give it a go.. worse case, I sell it and go back to the Mtech 385.

Comment

Working...
        X