will 16x8.5 ET12 & 16x9 ET5 work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will 16x8.5 ET12 & 16x9 ET5 work?

hey guys I’m a little new to wheel fitments, offsets etc and i saw a post of this guy selling 16x8.5 ET12 & 16x9 ET 5 rims and was interested just a question to my pros if this would work on a late model? Would I have to run any spacers, thanks in advance

Originally posted by _jayythirty View Post
    hey guys I’m a little new to wheel fitments, offsets etc and i saw a post of this guy selling 16x8.5 ET12 & 16x9 ET 5 rims and was interested just a question to my pros if this would work on a late model? Would I have to run any spacers, thanks in advance
    They'd both be really aggressive. Solid roll+pull to the fender/quarter arches and you'd have to stretch the tires to get them to not poke.
    Unless you're big into the stance look, I wouldn't say that they'd fit.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Thanks for the help, was considering a flush fitment with these wheels so I will roll+pull fenders, but my biggest concern is the offset, will I have any trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

They'd both be really aggressive. Solid roll+pull to the fender/quarter arches and you'd have to stretch the tires to get them to not poke.
        Unless you're big into the stance look, I wouldn't say that they'd fit.
        Thanks for the help, was considering a flush fitment with these wheels so I will roll+pull fenders, but my biggest concern is the offset, will I have any trouble?

Comment

Front, the offset should barely clear the strut, and with work, should fit under the fender.

Rear will take more work with the quarter. Should fit after, but if my math is right, it'll poke a little further than the front and you'll need like a 205 and have really stiff springs to have it not rub.

I have a 9" ET15 in the rear and it'll fit most 225s pretty well now that it's rolled/pulled. I tried a 245 and the rear has to be raised or it constantly rubs.
          You'd be another 16mm out from that, so you will need some stretch or something.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
          X