Wheel Spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Spacers

I don’t know why wheel offsets and spacers breaks my brain so much but they really do. I have a 1991 318i Cabrio that came with aftermarket wheels I don’t like. I scored some 14” basketweaves which I assumed would be a direct fit.

I pull the aftermarket’s off and their very large spacer (I also didn’t like how far out they sat) but when I went to put the basketweaves on they are not out enough to clear the caliper. I’m guessing there is an offset difference from the bmw the wheels came off of and what my car has and I need a spacer but I’m not certain what I need.

Does anyone know? The wheels are 14” 4x100 ET30.

Thanks!

Originally posted by deeclue View Post
    I don’t know why wheel offsets and spacers breaks my brain so much but they really do. I have a 1991 318i Cabrio that came with aftermarket wheels I don’t like. I scored some 14” basketweaves which I assumed would be a direct fit.

I pull the aftermarket’s off and their very large spacer (I also didn’t like how far out they sat) but when I went to put the basketweaves on they are not out enough to clear the caliper. I’m guessing there is an offset difference from the bmw the wheels came off of and what my car has and I need a spacer but I’m not certain what I need.

Does anyone know? The wheels are 14” 4x100 ET30.

the 14's are stock size. the reason they won't fit is you have a plastic hubcentric spacer stuck on the hub still. they are for your aftermarket wheels, so they fit tight to the center hub. your stock wheel don't use them. it's the black ring in the around the center hole.

remove it and the wheels fit with no spacers at all.

Comment

Ahhh thank you! I felt like I was taking crazy pills - it seemed like it should fit 🥲. Obviously I’ve never had to mess around with wheels before, I always just had stock wheels I liked!

I give this a try next time I’m working on the car.

Comment

Working...
      X