VW Ronal LS's on 318iS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VW Ronal LS's on 318iS?

Hey all! I have a set of Ronal LS's, 15x7.5". They were meant for VW's, so they have a 35mm offset. I plan to run 215/45R15's on them, just wondering, will they fit? if the car is moderately lowered (say no more than 1.5"). I can make my own spacers if I have to but I would like to avoid that route.

PS: I don't actually have an E30 yet, but I'd like to know if I can keep the rims or if I should sell them off

thanks

sorry to highjack your thread but did ronal LS come in 16s 4 lug?
    '86 325

Comment

35 is still too close, id say get/make some 10-12mm spacers and your set. Also 215-45 is undersized. It should be 215-50 because stock 15" tires are 205-55. HTH

Brian

Comment

With 215's those would rub, get 205/55/15's and you would likely be fine.

You'd need 5mm spacers to run the 215's
        You'd need 10mm spacers to run 225/50/15 (if you're gonna go with spacers, do this)

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal

You'd need 10mm spacers to run 225/50/15 (if you're gonna go with spacers, do this)
          Not to be repetitive, but yea... this is your answer.

Get 10mm spacers and run 225/50s and be happy.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

I do know 215/45 would be a bit undersized, that's part of the plan. It would lower the gearing slightly, lower the car about an extra 1/2-3/4" and the tires should be lighter than the other choices. I'm reasonably sure the load rating of the tires would be sufficient, especially with the car down to 24-2500 lbs. The goal with the 318iS would be to keep it light and keep it NA for now, I think the 215/45's would most closely fit that bill.

It sounds like I have to make spacers anyway, I guess I might as well make them a proper 10mm thickness to bring the offset to the stock spec 25mm. That way they would be thick enough that I can make them with the centering "snout" of the wheel hub replicated.

for more info on the rims:

it appears they don't currently make them in 16's

Thanks for all the replies everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal

I dunno. My tires are extremly close.

Sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by JPbmw
                sorry to highjack your thread but did ronal LS come in 16s 4 lug?
                They did a while back....16x8.5s if memory serves me correct. I think they're out of production now.

Jon
                Rides...
                1991 325i - sold :(
                2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Working...
                X