Diamond Racing Wheels: Spacer and Lugs Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White325is View Post
    If they have the correct ones for the wheels then yes. I would buy them from them as well. If your going to run a 10.5 mm spacer in the front I would run a 15mm spacer in the rear so you dont have more poke in the front than the rear. Run a 195/45 or a 205/40....
    I was worried about the car looking like a FWD drag racer with just the 10.5mm spacer in the front. With Diamond Racing wheels, I read in the forums that 10mm or larger spacers are a must in the front to clear the calipers. Just want to make sure I understood that correctly.

Wouldn't those tires be too stretched (not sure)?

Comment

Originally posted by GCARent View Post
      Wouldn't those tires be too stretched (not sure)?
      those sizes of tire on that size wheel qualifies as "intentional stretch" in my book.
      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
        those sizes of tire on that size wheel qualifies as "intentional stretch" in my book.
        Yea, thats what I'm thinking. I will just stick with 205/50/15.

I have a question about studs. I was reading threads about studs and lugcentric wheels and its actually recommended to buy studs for this type of wheel. What do you guys think about studs for the diamond racing wheels?

Comment

Oh and whats up with not being able to run spacers that have holes in them with Diamond Racing wheels?

Comment

The spacers need to be flat so the lugs will seat correct. If your going to stick with a 205/50 I would get a 5 inch back spacing or your going to have some serious poke going on and just destroy your fenders all to hell.
            Atleast run a 4.5 inch back spacing on the rear and a 5 inch on the front.
            I speak from experience. I had 3 sets of these wheels.

Comment

The spacers need to be flat so the lugs will seat correct. If your going to stick with a 205/50 I would get a 5 inch back spacing or your going to have some serious poke going on and just destroy your fenders all to hell.
              Atleast run a 4.5 inch back spacing on the rear and a 5 inch on the front.
              I speak from experience. I had 3 sets of these wheels.
              Yea, so I ordered 15x8 4.5 Inch rear and front Diamond Pro Series wheels. I was already set on buying these. Now with the tires, I might go with the 205/40 and hopefully it rides well. I rarely drive this car, only on the weekends. Rather than buying spacers, I might just grind my calipers to make it fit.

Comment

Its not the calipers you grind, its the caliper bracket. If your going to get a 205/40 this is how it fits.

The fronts, not the rears.

Comment

How much do those suckers weigh?

Comment

Two 16x10 wheels with two 215/45 tires was 44lbs per wheel and tire. so 88lbs total for two 16x10 wheels and two 215/45 tires.
                    Last edited by White325is; 12-03-2009, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Its not the calipers you grind, its the caliper bracket. If your going to get a 205/40 this is how it fits.

The fronts, not the rears.
                      I love that look. Thats sex right there. Especially the front, it gives it that evil dirty look. Very original.

I do not have the tools for grinding the caliper brackets, so what will I need to accomplish that so I can probably rent out a machine or something?

Comment

You can buy a harbor freight grinder for like 10.00. Thats all you need.

Comment

This thread tempts me to get a set of these, but I absolutely refuse to get rid of my Enkies.
                          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

i been lookin at these....i didnt realize theyre so heavy tho

Comment

I wonder who (e)pill is.

Comment

You can buy a harbor freight grinder for like 10.00. Thats all you need.
                                Oh nice. Will look into that. Rather than purchasing the bolts online, I rather see if the place where I will buy my tires have the correct lug bolts for the wheel.

Comment

Working...
                                X