205/55/r15

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Won't happen, at least not in this size. Do expect to see more 225/45/15s I think.

    Just go for a nice 205/50/15 or 225/45/15 (but I'd only recommend these on an 8" wide wheel)
    Real men don't buy 15x7 wheels.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Raxe
    Interesting, thanks for the suggestions. This is my daily driver in the summer so I'm a little iffy on R compounds, but I suppose it's still an option. I'm leaning towards these Yoko S.drives at the moment as the best of my limited options. Hoping a flood of new models doesn't come out after I order though.
    Won't happen, at least not in this size. Do expect to see more 225/45/15s I think.

    Just go for a nice 205/50/15 or 225/45/15 (but I'd only recommend these on an 8" wide wheel)

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    I'd go for 205/50 Z1 Star Specs over 195/55, but that's just me.

    I also see they released the Z1 in 14" sizes too... but they're damned expensive.

    Leave a comment:


  • gverelli
    replied
    Heres a link to some 195/55/15 z1 star specs installed on a 15x7. They look excellent and do not look to skinny at all. Probably one of the top of the line tires closest to 205/55. Anything in 205/55 has dissapeared...except maybe G-Force Sports.



    (Got pics from google.)

    Leave a comment:


  • gverelli
    replied
    You can pick up the z1 star specs in 195/55/15...?

    Leave a comment:


  • Raxe
    replied
    Interesting, thanks for the suggestions. This is my daily driver in the summer so I'm a little iffy on R compounds, but I suppose it's still an option. I'm leaning towards these Yoko S.drives at the moment as the best of my limited options. Hoping a flood of new models doesn't come out after I order though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    I wish 225/45 had more options, but they do also make NT01s, R888s and RA-1s in that size....

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    Are you willing to go undersize at all?

    There are still extreme performance tires in 225/45R15 (Hankook R-S3) and 205/50R15 (Potenza RE-11, Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec (new this year), Kumho XS).

    Leave a comment:


  • Raxe
    replied
    Hmmm thanks there's a few more options there, do you know what tires they are?

    Leave a comment:


  • browntown
    replied
    hmmm, i think I have 225/50/15's on the kosei's

    Leave a comment:


  • Raxe
    started a topic 205/55/r15

    205/55/r15

    Where did all of the performance tires go in this size? It looks like it's becoming extinct. What is my next best choice?
Working...