Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filled and Redrilled Style 5's or ESM BBS Replicas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filled and Redrilled Style 5's or ESM BBS Replicas?

Love the BBS style on these cars, don't want to pay 2500 just yet for real RSs. I'm really concerned about fitment. My car is a daily driver and I often do 500 miles a week back and forth to Santa Monica. What's my best bet?

Thanks in advance. Adam

I got ESM because I couldn't justify paying $4k to $5k for super RS wheels. You'll will get mixed reviews here about them. I like them:

I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
    Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

BBS RC090 Style-5's really look nothing like RS's. At least not without spending thousands on modifying them.
      Just had to mention that.

How low is your car?
      Since you mention style-5's I'm assuming you are after 17" wheels?
      Is your car really low enough to pull off big 17x8's or bigger and look right?

I'd say skip the ESM junk if you have any self respect and don't want to be laughed at. (or die)
      Just browse here, vwvortex or memoryfab classifieds for the right wjeels.
      Memoryfab constantly has different bolt pattern and offset RS's for reasonable prices. They will also properly fill & drill them for your needs.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

style 5's. classy and technically factory. :up:

Originally posted by yert315
        Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
          I got ESM because I couldn't justify paying $4k to $5k for super RS wheels. You'll will get mixed reviews here about them. I like them.
          I can't believe you are stupid enough to recommend ESM after they gave you this as a brand new wheel:

Maybe the OP should read over your thread so he can see their standard business practices for himself:

Also why do you say super RS? Are your ESM's 18" or bigger?
          BBS Super RS is only available in sizes 18" and up and is only a 2-piece wheel.

Comment

Style 5's are awesome, but you may have to refinish them + plus fill and drill. Which I really didn't want to do. If you going big esms are 8.5 in wide and have a 3" lip. You can also get them in staggered 17x10. I was looking for a set of refinished style 5's and they were like $2k +. The good thing about 5's is that there a 3 piece wheel. and you can have the centers powder coated easily and get gold bolts or whatever tickles you fancy. If you into staggered, its hard finding a staggered set of style 5's. They came 17x8 and 17x9 as dealer option only.

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
              I can't believe you are stupid enough to recommend ESM after they gave you this as a brand new wheel:

Also why do you say super RS? Are your ESM's 18" or bigger?
              BBS Super RS is only available in sizes 18" and up and is only a 2-piece wheel.
              Bro. Just let it go!!!!!!!!! Your calling me stupid, your calling me noob. I haven't said anything bad about you. Lets not ruin his thread. I personally don't give a fuck about your opinion and don't care to argue. You win. You are the ultimate. All hail Teaguer. Is that what you want to hear?

Comment

Personally I wouldn't give ESM or DTMFiberWerkz my business. I don't care how good the wheels look. Integrity means something to me, and they don't possess it.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                  Bro. Just let it go!!!!!!!!! Your calling me stupid, your calling me noob. I haven't said anything bad about you. Lets not ruin his thread. I personally don't give a fuck about your opinion and don't care to argue. You win. You are the ultimate. All hail Teaguer. Is that what you want to hear?
                  Its not about me wanting to hear that I'm right.
                  Its about you still trying to justify that Erostop/ESM/Ary screwed you royally and you making it seem like its no big deal and that you will eat it.
                  If thats your stance then fine, some people like to get walked over and that is obviously you, but don't come on here and then try and recommend them to other members.
                  Thats just outright crazy.

Also style-5's are only 2-piece not 3-piece.
                  Don't get so worked up when I call you the noob that you are. Its no big deal.
                  Doesn't have anything to do with post count or that you've owned 10 BMW's.
                  Your actions speak clearly for themselves.

Comment

Its not about me wanting to hear that I'm right.
                    Its about you still trying to justify that Erostop/ESM/Ary screwed you royally and you making it seem like its no big deal and that you will eat it.
                    If thats your stance then fine, some people like to get walked over and that is obviously you, but don't come on here and then try and recommend them to other members.
                    Thats just outright crazy.

Also style-5's are only 2-piece not 3-piece.
                    Don't get so worked up when I call you the noob that you are. Its no big deal.
                    Doesn't have anything to do with post count or that you've owned 10 BMW's.
                    Your actions speak clearly for themselves.
                    Alright are you satisfied yet? Can this be over? Do you feel better about yourself? All hail the mighty Teaguer has spoken!!!!!!!

Its Dead bruh.

Anyway Teaguer does have a point with the way they drilled the wheels. If you do go esm just be sure to tell him you want 4x100 and only 4x100 or you'll be like be having the spend an extra couple hundred the get the wheels filled. When I made decision on wheels it was either refinished style 5's that had been fill and drilled for $2500 or $1000 for esm. You could probably find could style fives cheaper. The one's I considered where really nicely done though and I sure the seller didn't have trouble getting $2500.

Comment

I'll sell you my staggered set of style 5's. Its filled and drilled, ready to go.

Comment

OP, I have a set already filled and drilled

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

My car is not CRAZY low. I'm running H&R Race Springs and stock shocks, but I'm going to swap those out for Bilsteins before the new wheels go on. At the moment I've got Mille Miglia Cellos at 17x7.5. I'm aware they are heavy, soft crap, but I do like the look. On the other hand I have nice tires on those crap wheels. Conti DWS with about 2K on them. So whatever wheels I get, it would be nice if they fit.

Thanks for the wheel links.

BBS RC090 Style-5's really look nothing like RS's. At least not without spending thousands on modifying them.
                          Just had to mention that.

How low is your car?
                          Since you mention style-5's I'm assuming you are after 17" wheels?
                          Is your car really low enough to pull off big 17x8's or bigger and look right?

I'd say skip the ESM junk if you have any self respect and don't want to be laughed at. (or die)
                          Just browse here, vwvortex or memoryfab classifieds for the right wjeels.
                          Memoryfab constantly has different bolt pattern and offset RS's for reasonable prices. They will also properly fill & drill them for your needs.

Comment

What do you guys think of the Fundo 16's? These are not BBS right? But they are OEM?
                            I was thinking of going down an inch in wheel size to get a slightly cushier ride. I do commute quite a bit in my car, so a few less bone shakers on the 405 would be welcome.

Also, I'd just like to come right out and say I'm a noob or whatever. It's cool. This is my first E30. I need the help or I wouldn't be here.

Comment

Did you say H&R Races with stock shocks?! I bet that is bouncy.

Not all 16" style 5 are fundo, BBS also made them. They are not particularly light but they look great on E30.
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X