Newb Winter Tire Questions 14" Basketweave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb Winter Tire Questions 14" Basketweave

Hey guys, i'm about to order a set of 4ea winter tires for the 14" basket weaves that came with the car. The tires i have on now are 205/60/14 all season Falken Ziex. I know I want narrow tires for winter. My questions is what size should i get? I am planning on dropping the car in the future fyi. Tirerack recommends 185/70/14. Can I run a slight less profile tire? Like 185/60/14? I just don't want such a THICK tire... I also don't want to throw off the speedometer. Please advise. Thank you bunch! :)

Actually I would like to run 185/65-14 because tirerack's got Blizzak and i've had great results last winter with Blizzaks on my e92 335i.

Comment

the sidewall on a 185/70 is about the same height as the stock 195/65. It's just the tire that's narrower. 185/60 is quite a bit smaller. 195/60 would be a better fit (they don't make 195/65s anymore).
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        (they don't make 195/65s anymore).
        'they' as of who ?
        196/65 is still available from many tyres brand, what's wrong to use stock profile if you don't want thick tyres ?

Comment

Thanks guys, do you think 185 and 195 will make a big difference? i have 90' 325i coupe RWD.

Comment

Originally posted by ecsk View Post
            'they' as of who ?
            196/65 is still available from many tyres brand, what's wrong to use stock profile if you don't want thick tyres ?
            snow tires
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
            X