Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight of a basketweave w/deflated tire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight of a basketweave w/deflated tire?

I want to sell my euro baskets as I need to afford this r6. They have good tires on them which I would include with sale. I would deflate the tire to save shipping costs I'd assume. What I'm wondiring is if anyone knows the weight of a basketweave, or more specifically, a euro basketweave, witha deflated tire on it, so I can estimate shipping costs?

I'm just in school full time and don't really have time to take off a wheel, put a spare on, deflate the tire, find a box, get a shipping quote, fill it back up, and put it on my car. lol

thanks
    Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

You're not going to make it any lighter with deflated tires, air doesnt really weigh anything ;p, unless I misunderstood you. The tires dont exactly get much if any bit smaller either without air in them, and even so it would be such a small difference it wouldnt make any change of measurements for shipping. Inflated or deflated, it'll all cost the same to ship. If you wanted to ship them without the tires that'd save a lot of weight, and only would cost a few bucks to remove them or free if you knew someone. Too bad theyre good :\.

Comment

:?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

bahahahahahahha

that reminds me of dumb hicks who drop their tailgates to help with gas mileage

Originally posted by vlad
        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

I want to see someone fold a tire.

-Charlie
          Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
          '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
          FYYFF

Comment

Joe318is Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:21 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bahahahahahahha

your an idiot, do you have or ever had a truck??????????? it does help alot, I dont do it cause it does look stupid, but it does help.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bahahahahahahha

your an idiot, do you have or ever had a truck??????????? it does help alot, I dont do it cause it does look stupid, but it does help.
              Indeed. Getting a fiberglass lid works in both ways; better gas mileage and it doesn't look like ass.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver

bahahahahahahha

Indeed. Getting a fiberglass lid works in both ways; better gas mileage and it doesn't look like ass.
                BAHJAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

youre a bunch of morons! Im sure it works wonders. You will go from 17mpg freeway to 17.3mpg with you f250 super duty.

Originally posted by vlad
                Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

bahahahahahahha

Pssst.

-Charlie
                  Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                  '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                  FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie

bahahahahahahha

Pssst.

-Charlie
                    :ohsnap:

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie

bahahahahahahha

Pssst.

-Charlie

Bingo!!!

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                      '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                      '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                      SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

oh.... and most tires weigh different amounts

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Granted this has nothing to do with how much it weighs since nobody can really answer that but it may help.

Just take the wheel and tire off, weigh it and measure it as a box itself, how big around it is for L x W and how tall it is plus a little for the height. When you get around to shipping them find some giant cardboard boxes at like an appliance store or something. Cut two circles out of these boxes the diameter of the tire and put one on either side to keep the wheels from getting scuffed up. I had some shipped to me this way and it worked great, just wrap around it plenty with packing tape. You also might want to wrap the outermost part of the lip and center cap with masking tape to keep them from getting scuffed at all from the cardboard...just some extra precaution.

Comment

anyone have a guesstimate weight on a euro weave?

i may just do the bathroom scale method with a regular weave to estimate shipping, as I already have a set of those chilling around
                            Originally posted by blunt
                            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

they are about 15lbs
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X