Will it fit with rolling and pulling?!?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    That tire is also too tall. Thats e34/e36 size.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ant_e30
    replied
    i was going to say, you have too much tyre. Most people running 10s with low offset numbers run small tyres, like 225/35 or 215/40 for big stretch or 235/40. Perhaps 245/40 but even then i think thats too bulky.

    Also in terms of rolling and using a heat gun, you will need to remove all of the black tar liner stuff inside your guards before rolling them to allow them to fold easily. And depending the health of your paint it may still crack. If you have a trusted professional rolling guy around your area i would use them for best chance to get away without damage.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boosted E30
    replied
    You will destroy your fenders.
    Im running 245/40s on 17x8.5 final et of 26 and i had to roll the rears flat and massage the little bump inside the wheel arch to get it not to rub. Now my paint is fucked, i have a new shell though so i dont care.
    235s are about as wide as you can go with a good roll, of course this all depends on ride height aswell.

    Leave a comment:


  • MatRacer
    replied
    Even with a heat gun?!? I tought that I would be able to lighty pull them without damagin damaging the paint... Am I wrong?

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Man the paint looks clean, I'd think hard before pulling it as it will need some work to fix it back they way it is.

    Leave a comment:


  • MatRacer
    replied
    The coil spring is removed and the trailing arm is supported with a little jack. And Yes, I want suspension travel! I just lifted the wheel to obtain contatc between fender and tire...
    Last edited by MatRacer; 07-23-2012, 05:57 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Do you plan to have any suspension travel? You will have some serious fender work ahead of you.

    Leave a comment:


  • MatRacer
    started a topic Will it fit with rolling and pulling?!?

    Will it fit with rolling and pulling?!?

    Just test fitting without spring before I get my Fender Roller. I'm seriously questionning the fitment. Will it fit?

    1989 325i
    17x10 et20
    255/40/17

    Took various angle so you can get the idea right:











    What do you think?

    Thanks!

    Mat
Working...