les scwaub reset my brake lining light for free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

les scwaub reset my brake lining light for free

Like most e30s my brake lining light has been on for years.

I went to les schwaub in crescent city ca with a nail in my tire causing a quick flat, to pay them to patch it. I did not buy my tires there I bought them at americas tire in poortland.

They kept my car for a long time like 45 minutes. They found a nail in the rear tire and patched that too.

Some road inspection. Here's the kicker it was all free. No charge. Free trip inspection includes fixing flats and aparently resetting brake lining lights.

Passing it on. Your local les schwaub might not do that
    . I didn't. Even know that they reset the brke lining light for free or i would have gone their earlier

Here's what's totally funny, I looked at who replaced the brakes in the paperwork

It was les schwaub in mckinleyville california. Left the light on.

That could be why they reset it they had a record of their corporate work on this car.

I don't know exactly why they did it I didn't ask for it. But I'm happy they did

Comment

What do you mean they reset the light?? Its a sensor that wears when your pads wear and you have to change it for the light to go off. So they either changed the sensor (which I doubt they do for free) or they clipped the wires and joined them.

I would check the driver's side front brakes and the rear passenger to make sure they did not mess with the sensor wires.

J

Comment

I will don't know what to look for but ill look it up. They might have just rigged the wire.

In which case I'm still down with that.

Comment

Lol. You don't just "reset" the brake lining light.
          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Les Schwab is TERRIBLE. My father and I have had several horrible experiences from them. Everything from batteries dying after less then a year, batteries EXPLODING, stripped lugs from being cross threaded then hammered on with an impact, them trying to say a flat tire was damaged from driving flat, even though it went flat sitting in the driveway. All kinds of BS. They even blamed the alternator in my dad's truck being bad for the battery dying. Had the alternator checked out and it was the battery.

Comment

They may have rewired it for free, or possibly hooked it up for free. Either way its great.

I would ideally have the light turned off but able to be turned back easily to orignal

I have never personally bought something at les schwaub, but I use their free services.

And believe it or not they seem to fix flats for free even on tires that aren't there's. They just fixedi use two for me.
              I use their free air check for my dually tires that are 8 ply 60 psi and the air bags in my rv.

Other than that I never buy their stuff they carry bad brands other than toyo

I will double check the brake wiring and get back to you, I have a feeling you're right

Comment

you can't "reset" a brake lining light. you can't "turn it off" either.

most likely they just plugged the sensor in that you were too lazy to plug in yourself. guess it was too hard to find that in a google search.

FWIW the service at les schwab here in town is excellent. I even bought my new R888s from them this year. wasn't really any cheaper online once you factored in shipping, mounting, and balancing, plus they came with a road hazzard warranty. I've brought both cars in several times for flats (one reason I wanted the hazzard warranty) and always got good service.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Excellent free service and short waits. As far as a chain.

For instance if you wanted free rotation at discount tire they might say come back in a few hours.

But les schwaub will do it and actually put you in front of the line, depending on circumstance. And they don't seem to really check your tire warranty or brand too much in my experience they just do it.

I shout out the excellent service I have received at les schwaub. Ignore the brake light, I literally drove up with falken tires and a flat, and they patched it, inspected my tires and found another nail and patched that, then they inspected my whole brake system because the brake lining liight was on and they were the last to service it.

And the bill for this was nothing. Trust me not every place is like that. I wanted to give homeboy a tip, a gold star etc.
                  Unfortunately this was the best thing I could come up with. Ill try to find yelp

The stuff they carry, to me, is crap. Nankang tires kyb shocks chinese wheels. There's nothing they have I want

If there was id buy it there believe me I love the place.
                  Last edited by stamar; 09-30-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X