16x9 ET6 anyone got it fitted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x9 ET6 anyone got it fitted?

I recently got new wheels, 16x7.5 et25 all round of which I want to widen two to 9J giving me ET6 when widened.

Yesterday I visited my panel beater who is respraying my shell to see what we could do to make them fit. I had to use a Borbet 16x9 ET15 with a 10mm spacer so I have the same fitment as with the new wheel once widened. However, there doesn't seem to be any chance of it fitting, I have camber adjustment which didn't help matters either.

The wheel we used has a 225/40 tire on it which probably doesnt help at all :) but I want to run as wide a tire as possible, not a fan of stretching tires at all if I'm honest.

My painter is going to flatten the humps in the arch and fold the lip back against itself to give me a bit of room, and make the borbet without spacer fit (9J et15). What would I have to get him to do if I wanted to make the 9J ET6 fit? What tire size would help that isnt stretched to much?

If you rolling your fenders, you should that in. If anything change tires to 215/40. On a 9 inch its not that stretched.

MY BUILD THREAD
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

When you say rolling by that you mean folding the lip back?

I'm not to keen on 215/40, if I don't go to low they look a bit skinny (saying that, they didn't not look nice on your azevs). Do you reckon there's another easy 10mm to be gained judging by your setup?

Comment

Rolling- compressing the inner lip of the fender to make more room for a tighter wheel fitment

Comment

I have 16x9 et 3 in the rear with 215/40's. It rubs pretty bad because my fenders weren't rolled.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSwag View Post
            Rolling- compressing the inner lip of the fender to make more room for a tighter wheel fitment
            Thanks. I've got him doing this so thats a good start.

325ix - would a roll defo solve it?

Anyone running a 225 tire on a low offset 9J rim?

Comment

Why do you want to make them 9's if you don't like stretched tires? It's been said thousands of times on here that you can't run square tires on 9" wheels. Why not build them to 8.5 et12 or 8 et18?
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

I'm thinking about about 8.5 but 9J would be nicer.

As for square tires, I'm sure it possible, the offsets just don't help

225/45 on a 9J banded steel but he's not sure of his offset

225/45 9J et20, I don't know if there's 13mm more room to space the wheel out.

Does anyone know how much travel there is on the wheels moving up? I'm starting to think that where mine rub could be as far up as the wheel travels anyway, which was maybe 10mm above the rim on the tire and inner arch lip (which has been trimmed back a little).

Comment

You can do it on the back if you have et25, it's impossible on the front though unless you run a lot of camber or mexi-flush. 225's on a 9 aren't square either, but if you consider them square then you'll have a much easier time fitting them.
                  Byron
                  Leichtbau

Comment

mexi-flush?

225 is close to 9", 235 I guess is square? The 225/40 I have on one of the wheels looks just right, in saying that 215/40 on the other wheel doesn't at all look bad compared to the 225.

I'm going to end up running a 215/40 up front on a 9J wheel until I have the split wheels ready to go on. I'll be running 9J rear and 7.5J front, unless I get a notion to widen it as well.

I've got a camber adjustable rear beam and BC coilovers have adjustment up front. The Borbets wont fit unless I get a shorter front spring :(

Comment

you are going to have to stretch tire as people said before.
                      im running 16x9 et-9 fitting under the fender with roll and a tiny pull. 205/40/16 doesnt really rub unless you get REALLY low.
                      www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
                      2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

I need a roll and most likely stiffer springs.

Comment

You won't be able to fit a nice tire (width or proper profile) with that width and offset. 215/40 is too small a profile for an e30 and doesn't look good unless you're absolutely slammed.
                          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

If your body guy can't get them to fit then has zero skill or no imagination. Castros are able to caress the fenders out far enough to fit negative offset 9.5" wheels with 255s
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                              If your body guy can't get them to fit then has zero skill or no imagination. Castros are able to caress the fenders out far enough to fit negative offset 9.5" wheels with 255s
                              Got any pics of that or what exactly they have done so I can let the body guy know?

It's not that he can't do anything with the arches, he mentioed a few idea's but they all meant that the arch would be deformed enough no to look standard anymore, which is something I'm not to keen on.

Vivek: what are you running on the cab in your signature?

I'm thinking I'll get tires from the various wheels put on to the borbets and try it out, I have a 205/50 and 215/40 on other wheels I can try out.

Comment

Working...
                              X