45mm adapters / spacers safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45mm adapters / spacers safe?

Hey guys, I was just wondering what experiences you've had with large adapters. I picked up some new wheels but am a little worried because in order to clear the strut need a huge spacer... for peace of mind hopefully some of you have good experiences.

ive seen some guys run these on sawblade vette wheels. I know a guy who has them and no prob. but like anything, it depends on the brand of adapters.

Comment

As long as they're bolt on they'll be fine. If it was a 45mm spacers with just extended lugs I'd say no.
      Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
        If it was a spacers with just extended lugs I'd say no.
        That would be nuts!! Do they even make those?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          That would be nuts!! Do they even make those?
          nope too much liability
          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
          Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
          LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

The biggest non-bolt on I've seen is 35mm, but you never know.
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by RawToast View Post
              Hey guys, I was just wondering what experiences you've had with large adapters. I picked up some new wheels but am a little worried because in order to clear the strut need a huge spacer... for peace of mind hopefully some of you have good experiences.
              You need 45mm just to clear the strut? So it's what, an et80 wheel?

45mm is really pushing it for a non bolt-on spacer, I'm not sure anyone even makes them. I'm running a 30mm in the rear of one of my e30's, no issues so far but I know it's not ideal. You'd be much better off with a bolt-on adapter style.
              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
              e30 restoration and V8 swap
              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Working...
              X