BBS RS a good investment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS RS a good investment?

I want some new wheels. I was thinking bbs rs's. I want used 16''. I know they are rare. But I was just wondering as time goes on do they gain value? Even if they filled/redrilled or a weird bolt pattern like 5x114.3?

I would not say bbs RS are rare tons guys have them on their cars .I'm sure time goes buy they can only go up like all older parts as they die off in quantity the value if desired increases.their are many other wheels rarer than RS.

Comment

I don't think investing in wheels is going to make you any money. It's not like they made 100 sets of RS's too, so I wouldn't say they are rare.

Comment

Not exactly.
        BBS RS aren't necessarily rare as there are lots of them available, more sought after than any thing.
        Common/sought after bolt patterns will be worth more than odd patterns. ex: 16" 4x100 will be more $ than 16" 5x114.
        And I wouldn't say that they will go up in value at all. Possibly down, some people already pay in the upwards of 2k$ for these, and sets that cost more than that usually take much longer to sell. I would be really surprised if the value of RS' went up. Wheels that are still in the original bolt pattern are usually more valuable versus re-drilled from what I have seen.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

I think the best thing you can say is that they don't depreciate much...
          Originally posted by LJ851
          kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
          ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
          #teamross
          Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

if you want to buy some beat up ones and fix em up nice a shiny, you can make a buck off em.
            I bought some that needed work, spent tons of time stripping paint/clear coat and polishing and now i have some sick rs for a pretty good price.Big time investment though.

I wouldnt expect you to buy them, keep them for a while and sell for profit though.
            www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
            2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

filled and redrilled aren't going to be worth anything.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

no.

Comment

They still make RS' new. So no, they aren't gonna go up in value.
                  harry/harout

Comment

investment no, do the look bad ass? fuck yea

Comment

Unless you get a smoking deal, I wouldn't consider them a money maker. I mean, how much more expensive can they get?
                      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                      Originally posted by mbonanni
                      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                        Unless you get a smoking deal, I wouldn't consider them a money maker. I mean, how much more expensive can they get?

Granted, he probably has that into them, but they're still a lot for 25 year old wheels
                        Byron
                        Leichtbau

Comment

If you want rare, I'll sell you my 3 piece act mesh wheels. Supposedly only 50 sets made, and I have only ever seen three other sets for sale in the last 10 years in 5x120. Even rarer in 4x100
                          Originally posted by codyep3
                          I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                          2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                          1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                          1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                          2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                          2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                          2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                          2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                          2010 F650gs twin
                          2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

That's part of why I bought my CSI Style 32 3-piece wheels. NEVER seen another set in 4x100!
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                            ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                            #teamross
                            Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

How are redrilled wheels not going to be worth anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X