15x9.5. How to make it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15x9.5. How to make it work?

Just for a reference for all of you, this is how my car sits on 15s.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5649804...7632941345499/

Now, a little background. I sold the Klutch Republik wheels and am now buying a set of BBS RM. The current specs are 15x8.5 et +7. These specs are not bad at all, but I do want to go wider in the rear. The current lips are 2.5 inches.

I have 2 options with this build:

OPTION 1: get 3 inch lips. Specs would now be 15x9 et +1. Tire size will most likely be 195-50. I know this will fit with just rolled fenders.

OPTION 2: get 3.5 inch lips. Specs would now be 15x9.5 et -5. Not sure on tire size yet, but will be running some stretch, maybe 205 or 215. Not worried about tire size really at the moment, but I do want to know how much poke there will be.

I know people run 15x9 et0 all the time, and i know people run 15x10/16x10 with offsets under 10. My question is will the fenders need to be pulled hard, or will i have a ridiculous amount of poke. I do want the lip to sit outside the fender slightly, but not look ridiculously bad. I am also not looking to do too much fender work either. I have access to a fender roller, so what ever slight pull can be acquired with that is what i will do. Not looking to do much body work, so if it comes down to it I will just build them to 9.

Id like some of the people running similar setups to give some insight, or any opinions at all are welcome. Thanks in advance.

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

You sould be fine with the 9.5's. I set up a 16x9.5 et-2 in the back of an early model slightly lower then yours with 205/45's and it only rubbed on big bumps. We only did a quick roll on the fenders- if you did a really good roll or a slight flare you would be even better.

Not the best picture to show it off but you can see the poke in the back here

Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
      You sould be fine with the 9.5's. I set up a 16x9.5 et-2 in the back of an early model slightly lower then yours with 205/45's and it only rubbed on big bumps. We only did a quick roll on the fenders- if you did a really good roll or a slight flare you would be even better.

Not the best picture to show it off but you can see the poke in the back here

alright thanks, that helps alot. Do you have any more pictures of that car, and how much camber is in the rear? And also, how difficult are the rears to roll? Ive heard its a bitch because they are thick. Also what size tire were you running in the rear, and what are the specs in the front?

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

anyone else have pictures of similar setups in the rear?

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

Anybody else have any pics or extra information? also, mods, does this need to be moved to the fitment thread? If so could this be moved please? Thanks

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

16x9 et3.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
              16x9 et3.

Looks like your sitting almost perfectly flush with the fender. Did you do any pulling? Also what degree of camber are you running in the rear? Because my wheel would sit about 3/4 of an inch out past where yours are, which is kind of alot, but i can go with a slight pull around a 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch and add a little more camber.

Im currently running about -6 degrees of camber in the rear from just lowering the car. Anyone know of any good camber kits for the rear? Or any ways to add more camber safely?

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

Not rolled but it needs it badly. I don't know how much camber. Whatever it naturally gained by lowering prolly around -6.

Check Ireland engineering for a camber kit.

Comment

Not rolled but it needs it badly. I don't know how much camber. Whatever it naturally gained by lowering prolly around -6.

Check Ireland engineering for a camber kit.
                  Alright thanks alot. Hoping to do a slight pull, around a 1/4-1/2 inch when i roll the fenders, and if i still have a good amount of poke ill dial in some more camber, but id rather not be going too crazy with camber. I like my tires to last a little bit.

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

It's the toe that kills tires, not camber.

Comment

Bumping an old post of mine, but now I am 100% going with 15x9.5 in the back. Now my question is what size tire to go with. 205-45 would be ideal, but are difficult to find and pricey as hell if you do find them.

So my two options are 195-50s and 205-50s. Let me know what you guys think about each size and some reasons why or why not to use one or the other.

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

Originally posted by bigredguy View Post
                        Bumping an old post of mine, but now I am 100% going with 15x9.5 in the back. Now my question is what size tire to go with. 205-45 would be ideal, but are difficult to find and pricey as hell if you do find them.

So my two options are 195-50s and 205-50s. Let me know what you guys think about each size and some reasons why or why not to use one or the other.
                        I would be leaning towards the 195-50 as I have 205-50 on 15x10 +15 BBS RS rears and it only just works on my decently rolled guards:
                        90 318i M62B44 OBD1
                        02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

Dafuq is the point of a 190 tire on a 10 inch rim? That's freaking retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
                            I would be leaning towards the 195-50 as I have 205-50 on 15x10 +15 BBS RS rears and it only just works on my decently rolled guards:
                            Thanks man. Just curious what kind of tire is that? I searched long and hard for a good picture of a 205-50 falken 512 on a 9.5 because the other 205s looked very beefy and I knew they would rub badly.

And when you say you rolled them decently what do you mean by that? I will be rolling them completely flat and then giving them a slight pull, probably around a 1/4 inch.

Thanks

INSTAGRAM @ merlow_

Comment

It's the toe that kills tires, not camber.
                              Thats absolutely correcto!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X