Running 17x7.5 & 17x8.5's on E30

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • freeride53
    replied
    The 215/40 and 235/40 combo is sounding like the winnar!!

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Myster-E is just finishing up a 5 lug conversion on his E30.

    He is running 17x7.5 front and 17x8.5 rear with 205/45/17 and 235/40/17. These sizes with the wheels very well and are basically the same overall height front and rear which is nice. I know we talked already but I'll post this here as well... 225/45 and 245/40 are just too tall for the E30! Even the 205/45 and 235/40 are a bit tall but still fit well.

    Leave a comment:


  • 8380 Labs
    replied
    something like 215/40 F and 235/40 R is gonna fit the bill a lot better for you.

    the offsets on the e36M wheels were fairly high (in the 40s) so you've got the flexibility to make the wheels work with the above tire sizes fairly easily.

    Leave a comment:


  • wazzu70
    replied
    Standard tire profile for cars designed for 17" wheels is 45. The tires tend to be too tall for cars designed for smaller wheels. A 40 profile tire works a lot better on the E30 to put the overall tire diameter similar to stock.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Interesting.
    From what I've gathered, the recommended tire size from BMW on the m3 was: 225/45-17 Front and 245/40-17 Rear

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    With a roll, I know 17x8 et20 fits with a 235/40. Just a base to start off, I guess.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    started a topic Running 17x7.5 & 17x8.5's on E30

    Running 17x7.5 & 17x8.5's on E30

    I know that some of you guys are running these on your late model cars.
    I'm looking at running these on my E30 with 18mm and 20mm adapters.
    Will the stock (e36 m3) recommended tire sizes fit? I assume that I'll need to roll the fenders.

    I'm really uneducated when it comes to wheel, fitments.
    I don't really want to go with too much of a stretch, I'm not a big fan of that look.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Cheers.
Working...