Are these real Alpinas?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rev Run D
    replied
    Originally posted by audiquattrot
    Yeah Susan is awesome. She gave me tips to replace my Alpina center cap stickers which I wouldn't have figured out w/o damaging them. According to ksk, the E30 alpinas are no longer available so getting a set is only going to get more expensive
    How did you replace the center cap stickers w/o damaging them?

    Leave a comment:


  • cory58
    replied
    Originally posted by M-technik-3
    If you bought them I really hope they get delivered. There was a guy selling wheels from that region who skipped out on a few guys a while back.
    Someone bought them, but it wasn't me! After adding almost a grand for new center caps, it wasn't such a good deal.

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    If you bought them I really hope they get delivered. There was a guy selling wheels from that region who skipped out on a few guys a while back.

    Leave a comment:


  • audiquattrot
    replied
    Yeah Susan is awesome. She gave me tips to replace my Alpina center cap stickers which I wouldn't have figured out w/o damaging them. According to ksk, the E30 alpinas are no longer available so getting a set is only going to get more expensive

    Leave a comment:


  • cory58
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    The wheels in the eBay sale are open lug versions. (Maybe you know that though...)
    Correction - I sent the link to Susan at KSK Distributing, the Alpina rep for the USA, and she confirmed that the rims in the ebay ad ARE made to accept the full center caps.

    Further, she confirmed that the only 16x7 et28 Alpina rims were made for the E30, with the full center cap. The open lug 16x7 Alpinas have a different offset. The may work on an E30, but were made for other models.

    Hope this is helpful to anyone else considering Alpina rims. Susan at KSK was extremely helpful, even though she knew she wouldn't be selling me anything. If you have any need for new Alpina parts or information, here is their web site.

    Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.



    Cory

    Leave a comment:


  • mr ilia
    replied
    Ronal > the name you can trust.

    Leave a comment:


  • audiquattrot
    replied
    they're real.

    Had Kopi reps on an old E30 i used to have. Would bend like a mf'r.

    Caps w/ the locks & keys used rarely come up for the original Alpinas....i wouldn't bank on snagging a set that easily. Kopi caps are cheap plastic and larger in diameter, so you can't use them.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwextremeguy
    replied
    Yes those are real alpina's as I have a set of 6 classic version. Only thing is one may have to roll the fenders and either put spacers or grind a little on the brake caliper to make the rims fit correctly.

    Leave a comment:


  • cory58
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325
    Awesome. Thanks! I'll give Mr. Abrahams a call and see what he thinks about the 17x7.5 Kopis on my set up: 'vert with stock suspension.

    Cory

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by cory58
    Any suggestions for Alpina replicas that are made well?
    Here you go:

    Leave a comment:


  • cory58
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    The wheels in the eBay sale are open lug versions. (Maybe you know that though...)
    MANY THANKS! I'm just starting to look for wheels, so I did not know they were open lug.

    To me, the open lug with black center looks great on an E21, but I prefer the center caps on E30s.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    The wheels in the eBay sale are open lug versions. (Maybe you know that though...)
    ..and look really good with the centers black!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    The wheels in the eBay sale are open lug versions. (Maybe you know that though...)

    Leave a comment:


  • cory58
    replied
    Thanks for the responses! I wonder how hard it will be to source used center caps, since new ones from Alpina are over $200 each.

    Any suggestions for Alpina replicas that are made well?

    E30jigzaw - the BBS RS are sweet, but I prefer the look of the Alpinas.

    Thanks again, Cory

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Yes those are real. The wheels were made by Ronal, Alpina didn't manufacture wheels.

    They are designed for the E30 and will fit perfectly.

    Leave a comment:

Working...