Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

225/50/R15 on Euro Basketweaves. Will it rub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

225/50/R15 on Euro Basketweaves. Will it rub?

I have a set of awesome 225/50/R15 tires collecting dust in my garage and my Euro basketweaves on my M Tech II could use new tires. The ones on the wheels are 205/55/R15s but can I ditch them for the 225/50/R15s without suffering from a fender rub or something?

My suspension set up is Billy sports/H&R sports. If you wonder, Euro weaves are 15x7 et 24mm.

Eamon
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; 10-08-2013, 02:15 PM.
    -----------------------------------
    Life is too short to be driving a Honda.

sigpic

I had toyo proxes 4 in this size on my 15x7 et 26 wheels. Fenders weren't rolled and almost no rubbing. just at full lock the fronts rubbed alittle. I was on a worn out h&r cup kit with blown shocks back then haha.

Comment

I have been running some 225 50 15 Kumhos on et27 kosei k1 with no rubbing and no fender rolling.
      I've run these wheels tires on 3 of my e30s: 2 with stock springs and one with HR race.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

So am I to assume that there won't be any rubbing?

sigpic

Comment

No but they fill out the wheel wells nicely. If you are on an incline it might grab the front fender lips while turning and rub the back slightly under load depending on the tire manufacturer.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Thanks Barry

sigpic

Comment

I will be running 225/50/15 15x8 ET25. I measured to compare to my 17x9. 15 with those tires fits nice. Youll like it, plus it looks nice in the wheel well. like others have said.

Comment

Ran it with 15x8 ET20. You'll be fine, provided that yours don't hit the frame rails at full compression like mine did.

Comment

Working...
                X