205/60/15 fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

205/60/15 fitment

So shooting blanks coming up with snow tires for the new euro car.

Currently running 15x8 TRM c1's which clearly aren't the best option, but I gotta run with it for now.

Currently on 205/50/15's but that size is not available in any snow tire anywhere. Can find them in 205/60/15 for 75 bucks a tire. Will these fit with no issues?

The car is not slammed, and runs on HR OE sports, so no jimmy jacking needed, just want to be able to run these for 6 months through snow season.
    Back to my roots

Probably rub the wheel liner at full lock, that's about it.

185/65s should be cheap and fit better, though.

Comment

Narrow tires are actually good for snow to some extent.
      '87 325is - Schwarz/Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        Probably rub the wheel liner at full lock, that's about it.

185/65s should be cheap and fit better, though.
        Word, thanks for the reply (and others as well).

You think a 185 on an 8" wide rim would even fit? The 205's are already stretched but nowhere near the stance level though.
        Back to my roots

Comment

Yup. 185/65s will appear less stretched than a 205/50 due to the big bubbly sidewall.

Comment

Interesting. In all reality Im a tire size retard and go with whats recommended.
            Back to my roots

Comment

I ran 195/70/14's on weaves for a winter on my iS. now they're on my ix, and it looks pretty mean.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Get some 4x100 Honda steadies for cheap and throw some blizzak ws-70's on it. Or champiro ice pros which are studdable and like 65 bucks from discount tire (I'm an employee). That's the cheapest route and you'll thank yourself later! If you have more money down the road get some 14" weaves and they'll look even better.
                1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
                BMW

Comment

195/60/15 is very close to the same OD as the stock fitment and available in a few winter options.
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

i have 205/60-14 on my bottlecaps, and they werent even close to rubbing anywhere.

depending on the diff ratio you have, 205/60-15 should be fine, as long as your wheel offset is ok.
                    ---E30 320i Hennarot 1984 Sedan---

Comment

Working...
                    X