Plasti Dip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasti Dip!

Thinking about Plasti Dipping my wheels white tomorrow...

One question do you think it is absolutely necessary to remove the wheels? Or can I just wing it and do it while they are still on??

and of course any other tips would be a lot of help!

Take them off so you don't get white plasti-dip all over the wheel wells, brakes, suspension, etc

Dustin Wark | Instagram tumblrFlickr

Comment

IDK I think you can leave them on & just peel it off where you don't want it haha
      2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8
      1986 Slammed Shwarz ETA Coupé (DEAD)
      2004 Slammed TSX A/T (Wifey's)
      1963 Slammed ChevyII never ending project
      1982 Suzuki GS1100GK CaféRacer

Comment

But word of advice... give it a good amount of time to cure before going to peel it off.
        2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8
        1986 Slammed Shwarz ETA Coupé (DEAD)
        2004 Slammed TSX A/T (Wifey's)
        1963 Slammed ChevyII never ending project
        1982 Suzuki GS1100GK CaféRacer

Comment

Nah leave em on. Then post pics. I hear plasti dipped rotors and liners are the shit.
          Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by GreasyE30 View Post
            IDK I think you can leave them on & just peel it off where you don't want it haha
            Yeah, peeling off a dusted layer of white plasti-dip in all the cracks and spaces will be REALLY fun!

Dustin Wark | Instagram tumblrFlickr

Comment

in my experience watching my budy dip his wheels you want to do them off the car
              less masking of body work and brakes

and mask most of the side wall especially if it is textured getting off the fine over spray is a BITCH

and now that is a even eser way to remove plasi dip https://www.dipyourcar.com/Dip-Dissolver.html

Comment

Originally posted by GreasyE30 View Post
                And you'll peel it off with the wheels on the car? Even with the covers off I'd have a hard time reaching in to touch my brakes, let alone peeling overspray from the wheel liner and inner frame rail.
                For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                Originally posted by mbonanni
                I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Working...
                X