Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The #1,485,635 "what wheels are these" post

:pimp:

Dunno what they are - but I've seen a set of these in person, here in Germany, and they're a cheap generic brand of shitty wheels. I wouldn't pay for a set.

Comment

Some sort of deep-dish abomination of BBS RA's. I'd rock them.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30
        Dunno what they are - but I've seen a set of these in person, here in Germany, and they're a cheap generic brand of shitty wheels. I wouldn't pay for a set.
        I think theyre beautiful. Huge lip, RA style basket, and no machined lip - EXACTLY what I want. And not 9" wide either - perfect.

Someone has to recognize them and be able to point me in the right direction...

Comment

BBS SEx
          i would go for a set
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Heckenflugel SX. Very rare - as they were actually made in then East Germany. Only a few sets made it out past the Berlin wall. Most went on Trabants, which were also 4x100.
            Current Cars
            2014 M235i
            2009 R56 Cooper S
            1998 M3
            1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
              I think theyre beautiful. Huge lip, RA style basket, and no machined lip - EXACTLY what I want. And not 9" wide either - perfect.

Someone has to recognize them and be able to point me in the right direction...
              You can think whatever you like about the look. Looks are always subjective --- "eye of the beholder", and all that.

But I'm talking about QUALITY. They are POOR quality, and that is NOT really subjective. W/ big lips and soft castings, you will likely suffer many bent rims and poor paint/clearcoat adhesion.

If you're happy to live w/ shitty quality wheels, then buy a few spares to replace the ones that get bent on our badly-made US roads.

You can get away w/ soft rims and low-profile tires in Germany, because generally, the roads are very smooth.

This is not the case in the US.

Comment

They look like Rial's. Oh and since the pic came from e3..de why don't you email him as the memebrs there tend to leave their email for questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30
                  You can think whatever you like about the look. Looks are always subjective --- "eye of the beholder", and all that.

But I'm talking about QUALITY. They are POOR quality, and that is NOT really subjective. W/ big lips and soft castings, you will likely suffer many bent rims and poor paint/clearcoat adhesion.

If you're happy to live w/ shitty quality wheels, then buy a few spares to replace the ones that get bent on our badly-made US roads.

You can get away w/ soft rims and low-profile tires in Germany, because generally, the roads are very smooth.

This is not the case in the US.
                  I see what you mean. It's a shame - such a nice looking rim should be made to a higher quality....

Anything else like it? Deep dish, non-machined lip, weave center? Also, they seem to fit perfectly under the arches without going eurohhhh - can't be 16x9's I don't think.

Comment

If the roads up there are as bad as everyone says, I wouldn;t want something that I couldn't replace cheaply.
                    Current Cars
                    2014 M235i
                    2009 R56 Cooper S
                    1998 M3
                    1997 M3

Comment

Bottlecaps FTW!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                        If the roads up there are as bad as everyone says, I wouldn;t want something that I couldn't replace cheaply.
                        They're worse.

Sigh, on to continue my search for the perfect wheel.

Comment

I have perfect wheels

but you cant have them! :tsk: :p
                          Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
                            I have perfect wheels

but you cant have them! :tsk: :p
                            damn you and your RZ's

i hate the air you breathe in, Christopher L. Langsten.

Sell me your wheels, or face the wrath of Khan!

Comment

I would bet money they are RIALS too. they look very close to the wheels that were on my e21 back in the dat, except mine didnt have a centercap like that.
                              dont want to argue low level, but all wheels here in germany have to go through TUV. they check for the strenght, and quality. and then they load rate them for perticular(sp) cars. I have a set of really nice wheels I wanted to put on my car before, were 4x100, didnt need spacers- but tuv told me "go f**k yourself".
                              my truck on the otherhand, has 20" centerline wheels-"quality built"- and load tested through DOT, I am riding around with them illegally here, because i cant get any TUV cert. on them.
                              now to finish this off, I am not saying those wheels are good, or strong- but I am pretty sure they arent that bad
                              and i also agree, i dont like the looks o them.

Comment

Working...
                              X