Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying wheels, centre lock BBS

Hi,

my name is Jason and I live in the UK, I am after some help identifying these wheels, all I know for sure is they are 8j x 17", BBS, made in germany and have a 10x120mm PCD.
    87 is stamped into the casting, I assume this is year of manufacture.
    They weigh roughly 7.7kg.

What I think is; they may be BMW fitments and likely have been used on a classic/historic racer at some point later in life.
    I think they may be a BBS E50, alloy outer, mag centre?

All I would like to do is find out if they are BMW fitments or something else, ultimately I would like to see these back on a car that they belong on, such as a historic racer or parade car, but first I need to ID what they actually are.

Any help will really be appreciated...

Sorry, I don't own a BMW, the nearest I get is a friend who has an e30, build number 49 or there abouts, perhaps one of the oldest survivors?
    Attached Files

They are E50's.
    They are centerlock wheels, and have 10 holes in the back to match up to the hub mounts on a DTM/BTCC E30 M3.

See the below for reference:

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    BBS E50 Mag Centerlocks.

I wish.
    Below the radar...

Comment

Now that we got the wheels figured out with a quote of an old post of mine, I want to know about this #49 chassis!

Comment

Thanks, I assume they will fit any BMW racer of that era? 635csi, M1, M3?

Comment

Originally posted by jason s View Post
          Thanks, I assume they will fit any BMW racer of that era? 635csi, M1, M3?
          No, not an accurate assumption.
          You'll need to do some research on what they cross-over on.
          Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            Now that we got the wheels figured out with a quote of an old post of mine, I want to know about this #49 chassis!
            I will try and find out more, all I know is its a 323, carbs, it has been mucked about with over its life and used as a track car, painted with a rattle can, has the brown tint windows, think its a 3dr and perhaps an auto.
            The guy who owns it now is restoring it back to original, luckily the rattle can paint wipes off, the true colour is the orangy red (not zinnobar) and will have a full respray.
            The engine will be rebuilt.
            The carpets back then were different, I think after the first couple of hundred BMW produced, they made a few changes, this seems to have most of the original bits like carpets and centre console/heater switches that may have been changed.
            Like I say, I don't know too much and what I have said is from memory so I may have a few things wrong, but I will find out some more info and post up as you guys have been helpful to me in ID the wheels.

Comment

Working...
            X