Trying to make my wheels flush 17x8 and 17x9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to make my wheels flush 17x8 and 17x9

I have a set a wheels that are 17x8 and 17x9 +35 offset I wanna know what offset i can run to make the wheel flush with the fender. Some people say i can run 0 on the 8 wide and +5 on the 9 wide. I personlly was going to run +10 all around will that be to sunk tho? Does anyone know?

Comment

Et10 will be sunk in the front on the 8. Et10 on the 9 would be pretty flush out back. I would shoot for et10 out back and et0-5 up front. Preferably et0.

I have my 17x8.5s at Et -13 up front and with camber I was able to make it flush. Et0 would be absolutely perfect up front but don't tell me you want to run a large tire as well because thats not going to happen unless you are like stock height and who would want that?

I would suggest running a 205/40 or a 205/45 on the 8. 205/45 on the 9 for sure. You'll need some stretch out back in order to clear your fenders. Regardless of whether you have an early or a late model.

Shoot me a PM if you would like to talk more about it.

Taylor
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

my 17x9's on the rear are ET20, with a 8mm spacer in there, they are pretty close to the guards and rub a little on the rim protector under full compression. So that's effectively ET12. With 2, 8mm spacers in there it hits on the guard. All this with a 215/45R17 tyre.

Same wheel combination on the front with a 15mm spacer results in the tyre striking the guard at full lock. It's ok to drive around on the road 98% of the time, just really big aggressive bumps or when you drive in and out of driveways with too much lock on will rub on the guards.
        Just a little project im working on
        - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

Working...
        X