Spacers, if you have 17x7 wheels, offset 38, tires 215 40 R17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spacers, if you have 17x7 wheels, offset 38, tires 215 40 R17

I need to know once and for all, what range-size of spacers will give me enough clearance from my strut and bring me flush with the fender without risking rubbing.

- Wheels 17x7
    - Offset 38
    - Tires 215/40 R17
    - I will be installing the Bilstein/H&R package

I know this topic has been beat to a pulp but I don't have any official way of calculating this right now.

Thank you.

15mm - don't forget to get hubcentric
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Is 1/2" (12.7mm) worth it? Or should I just order 15mm ones. This local place has 1/2" hubcentric spacers instock for $40 ea. It jumps up to 1" from those which would be too much...

Comment

noooo. get 15mm
        Recent Rebranding!!
        Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
        E30 SM62/S62
        E30 M60 V8
        E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
        Instagram.com/garageaholic
        Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco
          Is 1/2" (12.7mm) worth it? Or should I just order 15mm ones. This local place has 1/2" hubcentric spacers instock for $40 ea. It jumps up to 1" from those which would be too much...
          Those would probably keep you from rubbing the strut but it wouldn't look good. Are you buying hubcentric? Because I have never seen hubcentric spacers for that cheap, but H&R's are only a few bucks more really.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Ok, so 15mm will keep me from rubbing the strut and get close enough to flushness with the fender to look good, right? and not rub the fender?

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
              Those would probably keep you from rubbing the strut but it wouldn't look good.
              How would they not look good?
              I think 1/2" would be perfect. 1/2" is roughly 13mm. ET38 with a 13mm spacer brings the total offset to ET25, which is ideal, right?

If people with an ET40 get 15mm spacers, I don't see what's wrong with getting 13mm spacers for ET38...

If you only planned on using 195 or 205 tires, then I would say to get a larger spacer to push the wheels closer to the fender. With 215s or larger, try to keep the total offset close to ET25 to prevent rubbing the fender.

-Erik

Comment

ah!!!!

Will the real slim shady please stand up! Actually bro, now that I understand offset and all that shit (minus the tire factor) you make sense, if 40mm et, which is 2mm further inside than a 38mm et, works well with a 15mm spacer, than a 38mm et can take a 15mm perfectly!!!! AH!!!!!! Shit!!!!!

Comment

It'll work fine but ET18-20 is more ideal looks wise and wouldn't rub with a 215 tire. So you could run 20mm spacers as well.

RISING EDGE

Comment

It'll work fine but ET18-20 is more ideal looks wise and wouldn't rub with a 215 tire. So you could run 20mm spacers as well.
                    Spell that out for me, it's 12:17 here, I've almost finished my 12, and am about to go to the bar because I am out....12.7mm, 15mm or 20mm..... BTW I have a major dip-uphill into my complex/

Comment

Are those 1/2" spacers even hubcentric? If not, just forget those. 15 or 20mm will both fit, it's up to you.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Are those 1/2" spacers even hubcentric? If not, just forget those. 15 or 20mm will both fit, it's up to you.
                        yes, they are hubcentric, you guys made that clear from the get-go:up: so what, 1/2" (12.7mm)? yes?

Comment

well, it's sounds like if 15mm, being more flushness than 1/2" (12.7mm) will work than I should go with 15mm.....?

Comment

To be perfectly honest, it's just a difference of 2mm... They will both work. You probably won't even be able to tell the difference if you looked at them installed...

If you want them to be pushed a couple mm closer to the fender, get 15mm spacers.

If you want a little extra spacer to make sure that you won't catch the fender lip, go with the 1/2".

-Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco
                              yes, they are hubcentric, you guys made that clear from the get-go:up: so what, 1/2" (12.7mm)? yes?
                              Dude, just make a god damn choice. Yes, all 3 spacers will work.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Working...
                              X