Teh Borbet hotness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teh Borbet hotness

Got the tires on them today, they're all balanced and ready to go for this weekend.

Before anyone flips a lid, yes, those are Firestone tires on them. They're from my mother in law's Focus, my father in law gave them to me after he got new all-seasons for the Focus. They still have fuckloads of tread on them, and I even asked the guy at the tire shop, and he said they're still perfectly useable. They're not the new permanent tires, just temporaries so I can have my new wheels on for the picnic, and until I can afford replacements.

But I'll tell you what, these tires are wide as fuck. They're 205/50's, and on these 7.5 wide rims, they STILL stick way out past the lip of the wheel, to the point where I can lay them face down and I've got a good 1/4" before the actual wheel touches the pavement.

Enjoy.

Not a lover of that rim, but they look clean. The tires are fine - its a DD, and you aren't going to track them. You have a wife and a kid. If you can get a decent freebie like that, do it.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

why aren't they mounted yet? ;)
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
        Not a lover of that rim, but they look clean. The tires are fine - its a DD, and you aren't going to track them. You have a wife and a kid. If you can get a decent freebie like that, do it.
        That's what I figured, and that's why I asked the guy if they wer OK. He said that the Firehawk's are a good tire, and there's still tons of life left in them. And shit, why pass up tires that are the perfect size for my application? When I start auto-x, I won't even be using these wheels anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Chris, they'll be mounted tomorrow. You'll see them Sunday. :up:

Comment

zomg tireshine on the tread :p

looks good josh, i'll see em on sunday ~
          Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

That's water, you silly Canadian.

They do have tireshine on the face of the tire, but just enough to make them nice and black. I just got done waxing them, and I can't wait to see how they look on the car tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
              That's water, you silly Canadian.

They do have tireshine on the face of the tire, but just enough to make them nice and black. I just got done waxing them, and I can't wait to see how they look on the car tomorrow.
              Just pestering you i saw the water on the deck! Oh man don't even talk about waxing wheels, i just finished cleaning/removing tar and polish/waxing my wheels and then cleaning the wheel wells in the lovely rain. Took so long it reminded me of the old days when i had baskets.
              Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                Got the tires on them today, they're all balanced and ready to go for this weekend.

Before anyone flips a lid, yes, those are Firestone tires on them. They're from my mother in law's Focus, my father in law gave them to me after he got new all-seasons for the Focus. They still have fuckloads of tread on them, and I even asked the guy at the tire shop, and he said they're still perfectly useable. They're not the new permanent tires, just temporaries so I can have my new wheels on for the picnic, and until I can afford replacements.

But I'll tell you what, these tires are wide as fuck. They're 205/50's, and on these 7.5 wide rims, they STILL stick way out past the lip of the wheel, to the point where I can lay them face down and I've got a good 1/4" before the actual wheel touches the pavement.

Enjoy.
                I think I like the way the E's look in those pictures a lot more than the stock photos that most wheel sites have.

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Scott314
                  I think I like the way the E's look in those pictures a lot more than the stock photos that most wheel sites have.
                  Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Does this mean Im getting my basketweaves back? Im broke as a joke and need to sell them.

Comment

God damn, I dont care what anyone says -- these rims are sexy as hell. Whats the offset on them? Where did you get them from?
                      tasty

Comment

Working...
                      X