Bbs wheel polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbs wheel polishing

Anyone use the 3M sanding sponges? Found them at advance and look like a good method for getting into the groove on my 1/2" RS lip.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

I have used them on various projects before. Not gonna work for "polishing" though, 320 is WAY too course. Would be ok for the first round of sanding if they are in really bad shape, but if not, minimum I would start with is 600 and go up from there in stages until 1500-2000, then polish.

Comment

Thanks!
      Yea I meant to say I would use these for the wet sanding stage, then get some denim wheels and whatnot for the actual polish stage.
      Just looking for feedback on this particular style of sanding sponge prior to me spending over $50 to find out there's a better tool for the job.
      Thanks again!

Comment

I've taken the "fine" sponges from Harbor Freight and followed up with the denim wheel with amazing results. 320 is a little too course even for wet sand unless you have highly corroded wheels.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Awesome, I'm going to harbor freight anyway to pick up a tumbler to refinish the hardware and see what other polishing goodies they carry.

It's too bad about these wheels, they are really not corroded at all but do have a few small rashes here and there, so I feel like I will have to sand them all down anyway to ensure consistency.

Comment

Working...
          X