BBS Paint Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS Paint Code?

I am refinishing a set of wheels and was wondering if someone knows where I can get the color code for the wheels off of the e46 M3 competition wheels. I already went in and asked the parts department at BMW and they don't keep those on file. Emailed BBS and they haven't responded. Any ideas? What colors have you guys done yours? I am looking for a bright silver.
    sigpic

I have also had the same problem!! BMW won't give you the code because they don't have it. BBS will not respond to your emails - seems the color code is a very well kept secret by BBS. You can try a "color scan" at an auto paint store to color match the wheels, but that doesn't come out the correct color either. The wheel color you are looking for is close to BMW "titanium silver" - the BBS wheels on the silver car "seem" to take on the "same" color, but beware - that color has a lot of blue in it & is really not a "bright silver".

In my search for the same color, I have talked to detailers, paint mixing stores, wheel refinishers etc. to look at examples & find out what the pros use. If your going to rattle can, use Wurth's silver laquer paint & their clear.
    Their metal flake chips are larger than BBS' - it is a good color, but because of the size of the flakes, tends to look a little "pep boys". Can be bought from mesaperformance.com mailorder. It is German & expensive.

You can do one step better. The closest match to BBS bright silver is
    Acura, Vogue silver, code NH583M. Right color & very small flakes. It is also 2 stage. A pint will do 4 wheels (compressor & detail spray gun) or many auto paint stores now will do the mix & put it in spray cans for you - I think it works out to 4 cans. That is the secret of concours winning cars with BBS silver wheels.
    Good luck in your search!!
    Jack
    [I

Comment

according to pelican parts, wurth wheel paint is exact- they sell it at pelican parts too.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
      On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
      BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

If Cramer is reading this, he understands too:

BBS does not give that information out AT ALL. I wanted to paint my new wheels BBS RG-R graphite (has a diamantschwarz color to it, but hotter, like on Cramers' E30 M3), and he said he wanted to as well, but BBS wouldn't let him have the code or anything.

They said he had to send the wheels back to a BBS plant to be repainted. Which is rediculous. So I wish you luck dude.
        Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
          If Cramer is reading this, he understands too:

BBS does not give that information out AT ALL. I wanted to paint my new wheels BBS RG-R graphite (has a diamantschwarz color to it, but hotter, like on Cramers' E30 M3), and he said he wanted to as well, but BBS wouldn't let him have the code or anything.

They said he had to send the wheels back to a BBS plant to be repainted. Which is rediculous. So I wish you luck dude.
          Yeah, I'm hearing from a buddy of mine from BBS in Georgia that they actually use a powdercoated finish.

Yeah, I already explored the avenue of 'Diamond Blacking' my RXs.

I want to see how ridiculous a refinish from them would be.
          Trevor Ely
          '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
          '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by Addissimo View Post
            according to pelican parts, wurth wheel paint is exact- they sell it at pelican parts too.
            It's close - but no cigar

On the diamond blacking - Mel or Michael Abraham (bavarian3) posted the process/colors & codes for this color a little while ago - I can't find it - maybe one of them will chime in - mabrahams.com

Jack
            [I

Comment

The hyperblack finish of the Kopis rims is definately a lot different than the diamond black finish of BBS RG-R's though.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                The hyperblack finish of the Kopis rims is definately a lot different than the diamond black finish of BBS RG-R's though.
                I think he was refering to BBS not Kopi's - I wish I could find the thread!!!!!!!!!!!
                [I

Comment

No luck here also, I'm trying to refinish one wheel that got in a fight with the curb and Tire Rack told me the same thing in that BBS doesn't give that information out. It's not like they are building stealth technology to keep this secret that guarded.

Comment

BBS won't give their paint codes out, which is good i think. Otherwise all sorts of rims would be painted exactly with same colour..

Just get to local paint shop and browse the catalogs, you'll find a colour which is good enough and readily available.
                    - E34 M5 (x 2) -
                    - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
                    - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
                    - E46 318i Touring -
                    - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Originally posted by jetavdk View Post
                      No luck here also, I'm trying to refinish one wheel that got in a fight with the curb and Tire Rack told me the same thing in that BBS doesn't give that information out. It's not like they are building stealth technology to keep this secret that guarded.
                      See post #2 - The closest match to BBS bright silver is Acura, Vogue silver, code NH583M. Have your paint store mix you up aq pint & put it in spray cans. Buy a spray can of clear - shoot the wheel with base, let dry, shoot with a couple coats of clear. If thats to much trouble, buy a spray can of Worths wheel silver, it's a sorta close silver.
                      [I

Comment

Working...
                      X