Widened Steelies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widened Steelies

Any one know where to get steel wheels widened? Thinking of getting a set of donuts widended. OR does anyone know where to buy 17" steelies custom? I think diamond racing only goes to 16. Going for this look:
    I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
    Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Dunno, but I did just notice that the chick in your signature only appears to have half a head....
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Stockton wheel is reputed to be back in business...

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Dunno, but I did just notice that the chick in your signature only appears to have half a head....
        Some things you can't un see.

Comment

They do great work. In Metro Detroit so not to far from you. Best in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            Don't fucking question my work. :o
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Wow- everyone around here who did that disappeared right about 1990,
              when I first wanted a set. Nice!

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

How heavy would a set of widened steel wheels be? I'm thinking double-digit horsepower heavy.
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                  How heavy would a set of widened steel wheels be? I'm thinking double-digit horsepower heavy.
                  I bet you're at close to if not above 30# a wheel widened.
                  sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Nah. The widening band doesn't add that much weight, and the steel wheels
                    aren't as heavy as you'd think- or rather, the stock alloy wheels are heavier than I ever expect.

And I relly relly wanna see the op's 17" wide rims when he gets done. I had a 17" wide
                    indycar rim a long time ago and it was... wide.

t

Comment

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                      Any one know where to get steel wheels widened? Going for this look:
                      ^^^ I love this, with OEM chrome dog dishes.

I've been trying to find people to do this to some old Alfa wheels. Used to be hot rodders everywhere who could do this, but I think liability scared everyone. You see crazy old Polish guys in youtube videos doing it in a dirt-floored shop - hope they come out straight!

The two ways I've seen this done are banding it with a strip, which puts all the extra width either inside or outside, or cutting the welds on your old centers and putting them in a wider (and plus 1") barrel from another car. The barrels are dirt cheap at wrecking yards. Then you can get the offset you want just right.

Good luck, tell us what you find.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beetle steelies.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	7179972

Name:	E30 widened steelies 'JohnnyD'.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	7179973

Name:	blue SWB 911 steelies.jpg
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	7179974

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                        ^^^ I love this, with OEM chrome dog dishes.

I've been trying to find people to do this to some old Alfa wheels. Used to be hot rodders everywhere who could do this, but I think liability scared everyone. You see crazy old Polish guys in youtube videos doing it in a dirt-floored shop - hope they come out straight!

The two ways I've seen this done are banding it with a strip, which puts all the extra width either inside or outside, or cutting the welds on your old centers and putting them in a wider (and plus 1") barrel from another car. The barrels are dirt cheap at wrecking yards. Then you can get the offset you want just right.

Good luck, tell us what you find.

[ATTACH]100364[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]100365[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]100366[/ATTACH]

Comment

These must be widened. They don't look stock.

Name:	65 C Sunroof 006.jpg
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	7180014

Name:	65 C Sunroof 010.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	7180015

Name:	65 C Sunroof 049.jpg
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	7180016

Comment

Definitely not stock.
                            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                              Any one know where to get steel wheels widened? Thinking of getting a set of donuts widended. OR does anyone know where to buy 17" steelies custom? I think diamond racing only goes to 16. Going for this look:
                              These look like the face was flipped, not widened.

Comment

Working...
                              X