Staggered wheel combo for e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staggered wheel combo for e30?

Hey, Newb to the forum, I have a 1990 325is that im in the process of buying some wheels for, im looking at the beyern mesh wheel in the 17x7, "really want the bbs style 5's" but for the beyern thats the biggest size they make with the 4x100 with 57 center bore , im curious if anyone with e30's run staggered sizing like 18's in the rear and 17's up front or is that weird just thinking out loud here. any advice is greatly appreciated.

18 is too big for an e30. You could run different widths but I wouldn't run different diameters. Many believe that 16 are the perfect diameter for e30s.
    sigpic
    1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Originally posted by Gullrock View Post
      Hey, Newb to the forum, I have a 1990 325is that im in the process of buying some wheels for, im looking at the beyern mesh wheel in the 17x7, "really want the bbs style 5's" but for the beyern thats the biggest size they make with the 4x100 with 57 center bore , im curious if anyone with e30's run staggered sizing like 18's in the rear and 17's up front or is that weird just thinking out loud here. any advice is greatly appreciated.
      Different diameters would look very awkward and I am not sure of any benefits..perhaps only drawbacks.

Sometimes thinking quietly is OK too.
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

18s on e30 is big no to me because you will be giving up on comfort a lot. I am sorry but running different diameter sounds and looks stupid. I suggest you to run 17s, otherwise don't do it. please don't

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
        Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

Doit bro! How will we know it looks bad unless we see it? Just because liver and onion ice cream sounds bad doesn't mean it is...wait...
          Originally posted by Andy.B
          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
          1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
          ~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X