Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth it to stick with 14" weaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it worth it to stick with 14" weaves?

I'm just trying to find tires for my 14" weaves and I'm pulling my hair out. Should I just go up to 15's and forget about 195/65r14 forever?

15's are a bit harder to come by aswell. 16 has a bit more options but not as much. 17's have more selections

Comment

for 14s theres a better selection in the 195/60/14 size. Though I am coming up on the same thing and want to make the jump to 16s

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
        for 14s theres a better selection in the 195/60/14 size. Though I am coming up on the same thing and want to make the jump to 16s
        I'd recommend doing what I did: use the 14" weaves as snow tires and get a set of 16" Summer wheels and tires. They're plenty of options and 17" is too big anyway.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I run these. Very happy with them.

Discount Tire Direct is retiring, but check out our partners at Tire Rack! With tires and wheels for virtually every vehicle make and model, Tire Rack is your new source for the best prices and selection for online and mail-order purchases.
          (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

15's don't have the best tire selection either (euroweaves). I had a hell of a time deciding on a tire myself, I wanted to keep the stock size on them (205/55) and there's not a huge selection out there. No turning back for me anyways, I had them powder coated.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
            1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
            1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
            1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
            1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
            1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
            Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
            1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
            1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Ronan View Post
              Had these before I went to 15's and started running old race slicks off SpecE30 cars. Those would be the best tire I've run short of race slicks. If they made those in 205/50 15 I'd get them for California winter tires an my new wheels.
              sigpic

Comment

I just picked up some dunlops for my 15 inch euroweaves (205/55/15). tirerack has them but I found the same tires on walmart.com for about the same price without the shipping. pretty reasonable. I think they were $86ish

Comment

i just moved up to a 15 as I could not find slightly oversized, or even performance 195/65 in 14... I didn't want to go undersized as I am running a 4.10 lsd. 15 definitely has better options, 205/55 and 225/50 if you have the correct offset...

I would have gone 16; but ended up getting a nice deal on some refinished hartge 15s...

Comment

I feel like 16" has a billion more options than 15" but I really like the look of 15's. Plus they're cheaper. I'm looking at those same dunlops (the direzza dz-102) but I feel a BFG g-force comp 2 would be much better. But it's only in 16"!!

Comment

I feel you, man... I know it's probably weird, but I really dig my bottlecaps and I'm sad that I'll probably have to ditch them when my winter and summer tire sets are done... fortunately, they are both new, so should last at least a 2-3 years.

So those more learned people with bigger wheels... what is the ideal E30 size? Seems like opinion is between 16 or 17 inch. I have been looking at the Bayern Mesh wheels... but they are 15 or 17 - I like the look of them, but reading this thread, I'm torn on the size.
                      Estoguy
                      1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

I feel the bayern 17" look too big on our cars but a style 32 17 inch looks amazing. A 15 inch wheel is more classic, sporty, and rugged in a sense. A 16 inch makes the car look a bit more modern. I'm torn because I can't find a wheel I like for a good price in 16"

Comment

Put a kit on the car and run 17's. Way better selection of tires/wheels and they look great. You don't have to go ultra wide either. 215/40's are cheap and will still be wider than stock.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                          X