4x100 > 5x120 Adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x100 > 5x120 Adapters

So, just wanting to gather info on here from people who have adapters or have used adapters in the past.

Who is a good and reliable manufacturer for adapters that you would trust? I don't just go out and buy stuff without asking around and making sure I'm getting something solid. So what have you use and who do you trust?

I'm looking for 15mm up front and 18mm in the rear.
    Instagram: @E30_Lue
    "Maggie": 1991 BMW 318is

18mm is the thinnest they make in 4 to 5 lug adapters. I used Adaptec Speedware 4x100 to 5x114.3 spacers in the past and the quality was great.

Honestly though, I found adapters to be a huge hassle and ended up changing back to regular 4x100 wheels after awhile.

Comment

I used the Adaptec ones, if whatever ones you get have lug bolts I would ditch them and use studs and lug nuts as the lug bolts tend to strip out the threads over time.

I ended up having to put in helicoils and then used studs.
      My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
      4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Originally posted by nyChris View Post
        18mm is the thinnest they make in 4 to 5 lug adapters. I used Adaptec Speedware 4x100 to 5x114.3 spacers in the past and the quality was great.

Honestly though, I found adapters to be a huge hassle and ended up changing back to regular 4x100 wheels after awhile.
        I hear that they do make 15mm but you gotta call directly, idk. I emailed them just in case. If not then I'll stick with 18mm and get camber plates for the front.

Comment

Originally posted by whodwho View Post
          I used the Adaptec ones, if whatever ones you get have lug bolts I would ditch them and use studs and lug nuts as the lug bolts tend to strip out the threads over time.

I ended up having to put in helicoils and then used studs.
          Yeah I'm doing lug bolts to lug nuts. I hate the bolts.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
            X