Falken 828 any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falken 828 any good?

I recently purchased my 91 318is and now have it in daily drive-able condition with the exception of the tires. The car has basketweaves on it, which I would like to keep for now, and is primarily daily driven about 40-50 miles per day with occasional spirited driving mixed in.

It seems like tires in the stock 195/65/14 size or the optional 205/60/14 are not hard to find but selection is very limited. Discount Tire has the Falken 828, but I have read mixed reviews online. Wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with these tires on their e30, specifically with wet traction.

There are not too many choices. Tire Rack has Kumho tires. They are okay for DD, but not that impressive for spirited driving. I don't have any experience with Falken.

Comment

I use the Falken Sincera 828s for my weaves in the summer/fall.

They're okay for what you pay for them. They handle passably in the wet, but they're pretty good grip wise on dry pavement. Not like there are many other options. Wouldn't even try then in the winter though. Not aggressive enough tread.
      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

I just had some 185/70/14 yokohama avid touring-s put on my weaves today and so far so good. It is supposed to be raining the next few days so it will give me a chance to test them out in wet conditions.

Comment

federal 657 205/60/14. done.

Comment

Working...
          X