245's to wide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

245's to wide?

I just ordered some 17x 7 wheels with a 25 offset. Will I have to run spacers if I'm going to run 245's on them?
    88 325is. 4.10 lsd, J.C. chip.

Originally posted by matte30is View Post
    I just ordered some 17x 7 wheels with a 25 offset. Will I have to run spacers if I'm going to run 245's on them?
    245 what? 40 Series tires would be way big. Do you have suspension and are you lowered? 225's are good but your going to have to roll your fenders flat. And your still going to rub from time to time. Something along the lines for your wheel would be a 205x40x17 maybe if you want more tire go with a 215x40x17. I just do not think your going to get that on and in.
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

245 on 7's? That is too wide. They will be bulged like crazy..

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
        245 on 7's? That is too wide. They will be bulged like crazy..
        it depends on the actual width of the tire. I run 225 hoosiers on a 6.5" wide basketweave, they fit just fine even though the actual tread width of the hoosier is almost 250mm.

although I doubt anyone makes a 245 for 17" wheels with a decent enough aspect ratio for use on an E30 anyway, unless you are planning to use them for the track only. and on that point, what do you need 245s for? you certainly don't on the street..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well, that eats penis. My friend gave me some practically new 245 low pro tires, thats why I ordered my rims without tires.

My car is lowered so they are probably not gonna fit huh? That sucks.
          Last edited by matte30is; 09-18-2006, 09:17 AM.

Comment

If you bought 17x8.5 ET25 wheels they'd probably fit with lots of rolling.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              it depends on the actual width of the tire. I run 225 hoosiers on a 6.5" wide basketweave, they fit just fine even though the actual tread width of the hoosier is almost 250mm.
              14 vs. 17 is a big difference.

Comment

I bought these sexy beasts:

Now I'm gonna have to wait for tires. I'm still gonna mount the 245's and try it though. And since I'm painting the car this week I'll just go ahead and roll the fenders in the shop.

Comment

Well, that eats penis. My friend gave me some practically new 245 low pro tires, thats why I ordered my rims without tires.

My car is lowered so they are probably not gonna fit huh? That sucks.
                  You need to give us some more info...

245s with lo pro tires? What is the aspect ratio of the tire? Give us the exact size of the tire (ex: 245/40-17 or 245/35-17)

What suspension are you running?

Noone can help you if you simply say you want 245s on a lowered e30 with 17s...

-Erik

Comment

Ok i just got off the phone with my friend. He's gonna give me these tires free:

2 - 225/45/17

2- 235/45/17

I'm guessing the 225 in the front and the 235's in the rear.

My car is lowered with the bmp street package.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                      14 vs. 17 is a big difference.
                      what does the diameter have to do with it? we are talking about widths here.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        what does the diameter have to do with it? we are talking about widths here.
                        Smaller diameter makes it easier to stretch a too-wide tire onto a narrow rim.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe View Post
                          Smaller diameter makes it easier to stretch a too-wide tire onto a narrow rim.
                          Only with big sidewalls. Otherwise... youll have the same problem.

Will
                          RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                          Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                          DaveCN = Old Man
                          My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                          If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist View Post
                            Only with big sidewalls. Otherwise... youll have the same problem.

Will
                            DUH! We're talking correct size for E30, obviously.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Ok i just got off the phone with my friend. He's gonna give me these tires free:

2 - 225/45/17

2- 235/45/17

I'm guessing the 225 in the front and the 235's in the rear.

My car is lowered with the bmp street package.
                              I'd say those sidewalls are too big, and theres a very high chance of rubbing, almost garaunteed.

Comment

Working...
                              X