Tire choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire choices

I have style 5 14" basketweave. The tires are shot and not much out here in 195 x 60 r14.
    I see Yokohama, Kumho and Falken in 185 x 70 r14
    Any recommendations? Three season use, not likely to see snow.

One of my co-workers swears by the Vredestein Sportrac 5 in 195/65R14, the stock diameter.

I don't know because I haven't driven an e30 in 15 years.
    1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

The Sporttracs are okay DD all season tires that are biased towards colder weather use, but they're pretty nice overall. In 195 60 I've driven Kumho Sense- meh GT tire; Altimax RT43- better GT tire but not great; Cooper Weathermaster ST2s- not good in snow/ice, competent but wobbly elsewhere; and Falken RT615Ks- cheapish warm weather rubber only, cycles out fast on the street.

Comment

I wonder if the tire will be too narrow for the wheel. I have been looking into this as well. On my 318is I think my stock basketweaves are 6.5" wide, though there appears to have been variation in wheel width through the years.

Here is what I came up with. I have 195/60 R 14s on mine, so all of the other stuff is based on comparison to that, but it may give you some sizes to search. I put 185/70 in at the bottom. I found tiresize.com helpful.
        Attached Files

Comment

What the heck, I'll post some more stuff. I have never been much of a poster, but this site is cool :)

I wish there was a better selection of tires at 14". Seems we have been left behind with all the large factory wheels on cars these days. Even 15" opens up many more interesting options.....

The prices are just what I saw online to give me a relative value for comparison. Also seems like they change models frequently (especially Cooper).
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm over my 14s. patiently waiting for some 15s many more choices in tires...
            i use toyos.

sent from hell using Tapatalk
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            '90 325i sedan daily driven
            '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Yep, I am keeping my eyes open for some 15's as well (maybe 16" at the most). The new euroweaves in the classifieds last week were very tempting.....

Comment

NMNA
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Nice site! Bookmarked. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                    that completely answered a question I posted in the wheel and tire fitment page!

Good info. thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brown View Post
                      Nice site! Bookmarked. Thank you.

Originally posted by turbski View Post
                      that completely answered a question I posted in the wheel and tire fitment page!

Good info. thanks man
                      [emoji106]
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I just got a set of 15" basketweaves and thinking 205/55r15 Yokohama Fleva (replaces S Drive)
                        Any thoughts here?

Comment

Also looking at this tire, anyone have any experience with it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                            I just got a set of 15" basketweaves and thinking 205/55r15 Yokohama Fleva (replaces S Drive)
                            Any thoughts here?
                            I just put the 205/55R15 Yokohama Advan Fleva v701s on my 15x7 BBS RS001S. I also have 205/55R15 s.drives on my 15x7.5 Ronal Ls. The Flevas feel a bit softer than the s.drives, but still provide good grip. The flevas have a different speed rating than the s.drives, but my e30 will never hit either of those speeds, so it didn't concern me. The Flevas seem to run a bit narrower than the s.drives in the same size. Overall I'm pleased with the flevas, but given the choice I would've just purchased s.drives again. Seeing that the s.drives aren't available in this size, the flevas were the clear choice for me.

Comment

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X