Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Yeah. 225/50/15 is only easily done with the ZE-912 (it runs 0.2-0.3" narrower than the rest), and you'll still need a slight fender roll in the back.
    Thanks for the info!
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by BoostMW View Post
      HI, I am buying some 16" xxr 513's offset 0 front and 15 rear, I don't wanna run a really narrow strechted lookin tire , How does 225/50's in front and 245/45's in the rear , thanks
      Way too big.

The largest you're going to fit without fender flaring is 205/50/16 front and 225/45/16 rear. Even for that, you'll need to roll the rear fenders.

If you really want the 225/245 combo, your only viable option is the Toyo 225/40/16 and 245/35/16 T1-R. But still, that's not a very grippy tire and I think you'd be better off with an aggressive 205/225 (like the BFG KDW2 or the Hankook R-S2). My friend has an M30 on 215/40/16 KDW2s as per my recommendation and he doesn't complain about traction.

Comment

Would it be possible with out major fender rolling or modification to the fenders to fit M systems (17x8 ET20) on an e36 m3 suspension swaped to an e30?

thanks alex

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

thanks for the info, I made a mistake on quoting the off set,+15 front, 0 rear, I think i'll go 205/225 route thanks

Comment

Both tires are oversized. You will have severe trouble with fitting the fronts, as it's not only the fender that's the problem; the entire wheelwell doesn't like 1" oversized tires.

225/45/16 front and 245/45/16 rear is more likely to work. You would have to essentially flare out the fenders with the fender roller, it will be a HUGE task (and you will need to paint your car afterwards, 90% chance).

Basically what I'm trying to tell you is that even 225/45/16 all around will require a damn good fender rolling. 245's is borderline extreme for the stock fenders with that wheel setup.

would you need spacers for this kind of setup...?
            e30s r kool

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
              Would it be possible with out major fender rolling or modification to the fenders to fit M systems (17x8 ET20) on an e36 m3 suspension swaped to an e30?

thanks alex
              Not a chance. Even with E30 M3 parts that's almost flush, so with E36 parts they poke out quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BoostMW View Post
                thanks for the info, I made a mistake on quoting the off set,+15 front, 0 rear, I think i'll go 205/225 route thanks
                Wait, you so you have 16x7 ET15 front and 16x8 ET0 rear? That totally changes things.

First, your stance is going to look strange. You rear wheels mathematically poke out 28mm more than the fronts (that's more than an inch). Anything more than 20mm (which is already aggressive) starts to look very odd. Your front wheels will be well inside of the fenders and the rears will be poking outside.

Second, there is no chance of you fitting 225/45s in the back at ET0. Your max would be 215/40/16, which is undersized quite a bit and will still require heavy fender rolling.

In summary, for what you want (great traction with a modded M30), those wheels are all wrong. If you get something like the 16x8 ET15 XXR 501s, then yeah, 225/45/16 all around is possible with a rear roll. But at ET0, just no. ET0 wheels are made for AE86s and the like, not E30s (unless they want the extreme tire stretch and pulled fender look, which there is nothing wrong with...it's just not in your interest).

Comment

Originally posted by vivalegreg View Post
                  would you need spacers for this kind of setup...?
                  Took me a minute to find that post. Nice detective work.

You won't need spacers for that setup. But you will need bodywork.

Comment

Not a chance. Even with E30 M3 parts that's almost flush, so with E36 parts they poke out quite a bit.
                    K thank you. Should I look for wheels with a higher offset like et 41?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

K thank you. Should I look for wheels with a higher offset like et 41?
                      Yeah. Basically any stock E36/E46 wheel will work, as well as most aftermarket ones (you can't fit quite as much tire width under E30 fenders though, so 235s and up will be tough).

Comment

Do you think 17x8.5 et 40 will fit?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Yeah. Basically any stock E36/E46 wheel will work, as well as most aftermarket ones (you can't fit quite as much tire width under E30 fenders though, so 235s and up will be tough).
                          shiet Jay, im having problems getting 235 to fit with e30 m3 offsets... i rolled the rear like 3x and im still catching the lip on the rear. i think cutting is going to be involved.
                          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Do you think 17x8.5 et 40 will fit?
                            It's a tight fit. PM MR 325, he has 17x9 ET40 with 235/40/17. I never asked him how much rolling he needed...

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                              shiet Jay, im having problems getting 235 to fit with e30 m3 offsets... i rolled the rear like 3x and im still catching the lip on the rear. i think cutting is going to be involved.
                              Your offsets are too low. :p

Comment

17x8 et15.... damn these extended studs that require 5mm spacers.
                                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X